XIII

🗡🗡🗡

"Up next, we have the cavalry battle!" Midnight announced. "Each individual has a number of points based on how they placed in the last event. Moon Aeri and Moon Jungwon each have 5 million making them the most valuable players. The aim of the game is to team up into groups of 2-4. You will have headbands that hold your points and you will be tasked to steal other team's headbands. The top 5 groups with the most points will go on to the finals."

"We've just become the prey," Aeri whispered to Jungwon, acting as if she didn't notice everyone eyeing them maliciously.

"Looks like it'll just be us then," Jungwon snorted. He ran forward to grab their headbands. "Get on my shoulders, I have a plan," He said, crouching down. Aeri did as he said, taking the headbands from him. "Tie them both around your neck as tight as you can and then cover them with your hair."

"Aye aye, cap'n," She chimed, tying the headbands in tight knots so that they wouldn't come loose and no one could snatch them away without a fight. He stood up then, gripping her calves to keep her steady. "We're going on the defensive then?"

"Yes but no one will be able to see us anyway. It's cloudy right now so you're gonna blend us into the shade and if someone does discover us, or the sun comes out, we're just gonna have to teleport all over the place so no one can keep up." He replied, proud of his quick thinking.

"Good plan," Aeri smiled and patted his head from her place on his shoulders. "They're all gonna charge at us as soon as that whistle goes off so wait until they get close and then teleport us so they crash into each other, I'll make us a shadow after that," Aeri added. She looked around at the rest of the teams. They all had teams of 3 or 4, the twins were the only 2. This could be an advantage for them, all the other teams were bulkier and they had to work with people they were unfamiliar with, but the twins has been together since before they were born, they knew each other as well as they knew themselves and they worked amazingly together. Aeri was glad no one had approached them to be on their team. She played with Jungwon's hair absentmindedly as she watched the teams form.

Unsurprisingly, Midoriya had paired with Uraraka but there was also Tokoyami and a support student on his team. Bakugou had paired with Kirishima, Sero and Mina, and Todoroki was with Iida, Momo and Kaminari.

"Okay, the pairing period is over! When the game begins you will have 15 minutes to take as many headbands. Once time is up, the top 5 teams will move on and the rest of you will be eliminated!" Midnight announced.

"Time starts... Now!"

A horn sounded and just like she'd predicted, every single one of the teams charged at them. She smirked as they got closer and then just as she instructed, Jungwon teleported and a huge collision occurred. Most team's riders stayed firmly on top but there was the odd one or two that tumbled and were eliminated. From there, Aeri blended in with the shadows of a passing cloud and watched intently as the teams started grabbing at each other relentlessly.

"The twins have disappeared! Is this part of their quirk, Eraserhead?" Present Mic yelled.

"Yes, Aeri has the ability to blend in with any shadows or shade. Jungwon can do the same at night time with darkness," Aizawa explained the abilities of his children but after spending so many years with them, he could see the faint unmoving black mist at the edge of the battlefield bounds.

"So stealthy!" Present Mic squealed.

Now that Aeri and Jungwon were hidden from sight, the teams went after the competitor with the second most points—Midoriya. Aeri almost laughed at his expression but she kept quiet so she wouldn't give away their position.