I

🗡🗡🗡

Aeri and her twin brother Jungwon linked arms as they strolled leisurely towards the giant door to their classroom, chatting aimlessly in Korean, their second language. Though they were born in Japan, their mother was fully Korean and so were 3 of their older brothers—they had a different father to the twins and their full older brother. After her first marriage had failed, Moon Yeri (their mother) moved to Japan for a fresh start, taking her three sons, Dohwan, Jinyoung, and Hyoseop, with her. It was a year later when she met Aizawa Shota, the twins' father.

Moon Yeri had desperately wanted a daughter despite loving her sons dearly. So after getting pregnant with her fourth son, Hyunjin, Aizawa Shota and Moon Yeri got married, much to her eldest son's chagrin. She got pregnant once more just over a year later—with twins, and finally, her prayers had been answered. One of them was the beloved daughter she'd been wishing for since she was in her teens.

Unfortunately, Moon Yeri only got to enjoy 6 blissful years with her daughter before she was slaughtered by villains on an infiltration mission.

"Excuse me you two! You're not in proper uniform!" A loud blue-haired student called as they stepped into their classroom, he was chopping their air with his hand with a sense of urgency as if the state of their uniform was a life or death situation.

Aeri glanced down at the smart, deep-green designer sweater vest she had on over her school-issued shirt and tie. Her grey UA blazer was folded neatly and slung over her free arm, the other was linked with her brother's.

She and Jungwon glanced at each other with raised eyebrows, ignoring him as they continued to converse in Korean and walked around him to two free desks that were next to each other.

"Someone's got a stick up his ass," Jungwon said, stifling a snort as he brushed the non-existent dust off the shoulder of his matching green Chanel sweater vest.

"He's probably just nervous about the first day," Aeri replied, her smile dazzling as she hung her tote bag on the hook attached to her desk, crossing her legs over each other as Jungwon leaned against her table, not ready to end the conversation and sit at his own.

"Oh I'm sorry you must be exchange students, I wasn't aware we were getting any so early on." The blue-haired male began to speak slower and the twins looked at him as if they'd smelt something bad. "I am Iida Tenya, Your uniform is incorrect." He pointed to their sweaters, speaking to them as if they were children who needed words dumbed down for them.

"We can speak Japanese just fine, thank you. And we aren't exchange students, we just know more than one language you incompetent buffoon." Aeri glared. It was an easy mistake to make on Iida's behalf, especially since they'd ignored him and chosen to speak their second language around him—but the twins had faced a lot of discrimination in both Japan and Korea alike for only being half and considering the history between the two countries, it happened regularly enough for them to snap when someone treated them unfairly but Aeri still regretted talking to a stranger that way, they were going to be classmates after all.

The teens around them paused their conversations in shock, clearly, they'd all expected a happy and friendly environment. School hadn't even begun yet and there was already a disagreement. A boy with blonde hair and his feet up on the table chuckled quietly at the exchange.

"Thanks, Iida Tenya, but we have permission to accessorise that god-awful uniform as long as we have our blazers with us. Aeri didn't mean to call you a buffoon, so let's just go our separate ways, yeah?" Jungwon smiled charmingly, giving the blue-haired male a friendly pat on the shoulder and trying his best to not laugh at his bewildered expression as he turned back to his sister.

"Aeri, no starting fights on day one!" Jungwon scolded jokingly.

"I didn't start anything," Aeri said as she took out her stationary.

"Everyone quiet!" Someone shouted from the front of the classroom—their father who was conveniently also their homeroom teacher. He was wrapped in an ugly yellow sleeping bag that made Aeri grimace. the students still standing quickly rushed to their seats—aside from Jungwon who walked calmly. "it took you 8 seconds to quieten down. I expect it to be instant. Now go get changed. You'll be having quirk examinations."

"Already?" Someone asked. Aizawa didn't answer. he was already asleep on the floor once more. Aeri huffed in amusement and put her things away in her bag. Before anyone could approach them, the twins were out the door and down the hallway to the changing rooms.

🗡🗡🗡

"Hey um... We saw your disagreement with Iida... are you okay?" A brown-haired girl approached Aeri as she was stripping off her uniform. Aeri looked up, bewildered.

"Oh yeah! I'm fine... I feel kind of bad for insulting him though so I'll find a way to apologise later." She replied, wincing as she recalled what she had said to him.

"That guy was out of line, I would've insulted him if I were you too," Another girl chimed in. She had cool choppy black hair and earphone jacks hanging from her ears. "I personally can't believe he was speaking to you like you were stupid, all over some jumper."

"People mistake us for foreigners a lot, it's not a big deal," Aeri replied bashfully, folding her uniform on the bench with her sweater on top. "I'm Aeri by the way." She smiled sweetly at the two girls who'd approached her.

"I'm Uraraka Ochako... is Aeri your first name? you're okay with us calling you that?"

"yeah! My twin brother is in the same class so it would be confusing to call me by my second name." Aeri nodded, trying her hardest to not grimace at the ugly PE tracksuit they all had to wear.

"I'm Jirou Kyoka, nice to meet you Aeri."

"That boy with you was your brother?" A girl with pink skin and horns piped up from her left. "I thought he was your boyfriend, that's so embarrassing of me."

Aeri blinked and then laughed. "Definitely not,"

"I'm Ashido Mina," The girl held her hand out and Aeri took it, shaking her hand softly. "That sweater is lovely though."

"I thought that when you walked in. It's the Chanel limited edition collection from last winter, isn't it? I remember seeing it advertised." A tall black-haired girl with a ponytail asked.

Aeri nodded her golden eyes sparkling. She'd met her match in terms of fashion knowledge. "Yes! It cost me an arm and a leg to get my hands on them." she joked.

Momo chuckled a polite hand covering her mouth. "I'm Yaoyorozu Momo, you can all call me Yaomomo. I remember seeing you at the recommendations entrance exams," Aeri smiled again and nodded, she'd wondered before where she recognised the girl from.

Aeri was glad she was making friends this early on, she was worried her only friend would be her brother and though she loved him dearly, that would be humiliating... especially since she was willing to bet that he'd made at least three friends by now.

"Shall we go?" Uraraka asked, straightening her tracksuit out. The girl cheered quietly and Mina linked her arm through Aeri's practically dragging her through the door and to the field.

🗡🗡🗡