Chapter 29

Chapter 29

I knew there was something about her.

Give her a room and she'll want the whole house.

Ilusyonada.

"Alright," I replied, my face still sporting the smile that I'd been wearing all day. Tumingin ako sa gilid ko. They understood what I meant. Quickly, they guided Rosie to a private place. Kakausapin ko siya, pero mamaya na. I had other things that I needed to do first.

I continued talking to the public. Nang mapatingin ako sa gawi ni Archibald, nakita ko na ganoon din ang ginagawa niya. He looked normal. Hindi niya siguro nakita si Rosie kanina kasi kung nakita niya 'yon, I doubted that he'd be able to focus on the task at hand.

When I was done, I quickly excused myself. I knew that people were still watching me, so I maintained my demeanor. I asked kung saang sasakyan nakasakay si Rosie. I quickly headed that way.

I drew a deep breath bago ako pumasok sa sasakyan. I quietly took my seat. She was watching my every move. I instructed the driver to drive us somewhere away from the prying eyes.

"Ma'am..." she said in that... sad, sad tone. It's quite fascinating. How could she justify in that little head of hers that she's the victim in this situation? How could she go here and blackmail me into talking to her? How could she call me 'ma'am' like she respects me after she slept with my husband?

She's quite the walking contradiction.

I rested my head and closed my eyes while were on the road. Kahit na nakapikit ang mga mata ko ay ramdam ko na nakatingin siya sa akin. And when my phone vibrated, I opened my eyes to check on who was calling.

Speak of the devil.

He probably finally learned na kasama ko si Rosie. Hindi naman siya normally tumatawag na sa akin. I mean, there's no point, really. Lagi naman kaming magkasama kapag nasa campaign kami. And when we're home, he'd just watch me around. Even at home, I couldn't relax when he's breathing on my neck.

Nakita ko na nakatingin doon si Rosie nang hayaan ko lang na kusang matapos iyong tawag. She was looking at his name on my phone like she wanted to answer it.

Oh, right.

Hindi nga pala siya kinakausap ni Archibald.

"What do you want?" I asked her straight ahead nang huminto na iyong sasakyan. We were in some basement parking lot. It was quiet. She could say anything right now. I could say anything right now. No one's watching.

I waited for her to say something. I mean, surely she did have something to say. Afterall, she did seek me out. Naghintay siya na matapos iyong program. Pumila siya para makausap ako. She went through all the trouble to get me here.

"Ma'am..." she began.

"Cut to the chase, Rosie. Tell me why you're here."

Nakita ko na huminga siya nang malalim. I looked at her through my peripheral vision. She was wearing a loose shirt. At the very least, she probably cared about Archibald because she could've worn the tightest fitting shirt and create some rumor.

"Ma'am, alam ko po na alam niyo..."

"About what?" I asked. There was only silence on her head. Why? Couldn't she tell me how she's pregnant with the child of my husband? That she knowingly slept with a married man? Why was she acting like a wide-eyed virgin right now?

Hindi siya nakapagsalita, pero inilagay niya iyong kamay niya sa tiyan niya. I didn't think it was for her to tell me that she's married. She instinctively did that to protect that against me.