Chapter 02

Chapter 02

Growing up, I was always told to keep my 'virginity' in tact because apparently, it's the best gift I could give to my husband. The thing was, I never heard them telling my male cousins to stay virgin because that's the best gift they could gift to their future wife.

So, I said to myself, screw that 'gift.'

The moment I turned 18, I got rid of that virginity.

I scrolled through the contact list on my phone, trying to choose who I'd ask to help me get rid of that virginity. I just hated that word as if that's the measurement of my worth. It's just a piece of hymen. Better get rid of it para hindi na mapasok pa sa isip ko.

I called Levi for lunch and then in the middle, I asked him if he'd have sex with me. I could still clearly remember him choking on his drink dahil nabigla siya sa sinabi ko. He was weirded out at first... but then I explained to him my reason why. There's no lingering feeling behind it–I really just wanted to get it over with. So, we agreed to meet at a hotel that he booked under a different name. We didn't know how to start it because we'd been friends for a long time and it did feel kind of weird.

We tried to kiss, but it felt weird... at first. But he was such a good kisser that seconds later, I was already feeling it. His hands knew their way around a woman's body. He was touching me in all the right places and before I even knew it, I was already naked and writhing under him.

It was great–getting laid was great, no doubt about that. I did have a good time–Levi was a good friend and he took his sweet time to make sure that I'd have a great time. It was so great that we hooked up a couple times more, but that's all there was to it. We're good at sex, but we're even greater as friends.

Then, life happened.

I found other guys I dated and slept with.

It's all good.

Sex was good and even better was that you can control a guy through sex. It was a... weird power. It was weird how far some guy will go for sex. I would never understand, but that wasn't a problem. I'd happily use it to my advantage.

'Brunch,' I texted Archie. I hated being late because it's a sign of disrespect. If you commit to coming at a certain time, you better do your part and stop wasting other people's time.

'I know.'

'Pick me up at 9am.'

'I'm already on my way.'

'And you're texting me?'

'I can do two things at a time. Don't be surprised, love.'

I rolled my eyes. He knew I hated him calling me love, but he told me that he equally hated me calling him Archie. He said I better make my peace with it. I could already imagine my cousins doubling over in laugher kapag narinig nila na tinatawag ako na love ni Archie.

It was only 7AM and I knew that the reason he's coming over much earlier than expected was to have sex. We had sex the first time last Sunday and since then, he'd been coming over more frequently. It was hard to say if he's already beginning to like me or if he's just blinded by the lust, but either way, he's getting easier to be with. Hindi kagaya ng dati na kinu-kwestyon niya ang bawat desisyon ko.

"You're too early," I said as I opened the door. But I was sure that he was not listening to my words as he was intently staring at what I was wearing. I just finished my morning yoga and I was fresh out of the bath. I was only wearing a white robe that quickly got discarded the moment Archie stepped inside my condo.