The Final battle part 2

Severus watched from his spot, still standing on the highest point of Hogwarts, when the army of demon creatures met the guards of Hogwarts. The wixen and magical beings were still behind the wards he only withdraw a few yards, yet.

The fight was even, because even if the guards of Hogwarts couldn't be destroyed completely due to Severus' magic putting them together each time one of them fell, so would the sheer number of enemies not stopping to cease. It was just a matter of time until Severus' magic was exhausted. He already felt his strength leaving him.

Unfortunately, there was no sign from the demon yet and Harry wouldn't join the fight, knowing very well he has to spare his strength for the biggest opponent he will most likely ever have to face. They could only trust their friends and allies to take care about the lesser threats.

Severus gasped as something strong hit his wards and he turned to see several hostile creature run into the wards while the resurrected wixen were casting dark spells at them. It was the group led by the former Dark Lord, who himself screamed one spell after another.

"Come out Potter. I'll let you regret to dare taking what is mine. Severus belongs to me. I'll take him back and even if I don't need an offspring any longer to get my body back, I'll breed him again and again."

Severus shivered. He might be not standing close, but due to his better hearing, he understood every word Voldemort was yelling.

"I don't think your new master will allow you to touch him, even if we'd lose, which won't happen." Severus opened his eyes he hadn't noticed closing. He saw his Grandfather Sebastian stepping forward in his whole death angel form. "You won't even be coming close to my grandson."

"Grandson? Ah. I remember, my Lord had mentioned you. However, you won't stop me to get what is rightfully mine."

"I don't think so.", sneered Sebastian. A second later, screams of pain run through the area as a huge wall of fire erupted from the ground, burning dozens of the foul creatures. Voldemord was quick enough to shield himself and retreated, furious. However, there was also fear in his eyes and Sebastian smirked, sure, that the former Dark Lord still remembered Harry's 'Fiendfyre'.

And then several other places lit up and the screams increased. The group of wixen with a creature inheritance took a few steps outside the wards to cast their fire spells before retreating again. Severus thought that this was a very good strategy as long as the enemy wasn't too close.

On the other side of the battlefield, his grandfather Valerius fought with the professors against Granger and the other undead wixen, which included Ron, Ginny, Sirius, Remus, Molly, several of the death eaters and much more.

Severus and the others heard about people disappearing and as it seems it wasn't because they left, but more that the demon killed them without letting any traces behind. However, the number was much more about what they had expected, so either the demon must have left the country to get more pawns or, what was more likely due to the number, he summoned even the dead from people he killed thousands of years ago.

Nonetheless, the fight was fierce and wouldn't it be for the wards, Hogwarts would have been already fallen.

From afar, a dark cloud approached Hogwarts and not very long after Severus spotted it, high pitch screeches run through the air, which caused a shiver running down his spine. Those creatures looked like huge bats, half as big as Harry's dragon form. Like a swarm of birds, they circled around Hogwarts before flying directly into the wards, which caused Severus to crumble. He felt sweat running down his temples and back. It got heavier and heavier to keep the wards in place.

Severus closed his eyes and send a message to everyone's mind, as Hogwarts had done to announce, that the castle has a new headmaster.

"It's fine Severus. Do it. We will keep them away as best as we can.", came Harry's reply in his mind. Severus could feel how everyone prepared themselves, and then slowly he begun to withdraw the wards even more. As soon as the protective wards had passed them, the Hogwarts' army attacked even more fiercely, but so did the enemy.