An unpleasant encounter

It was a Friday morning, a month later, when Poppy finally allowed Severus to go out again. The whole month he was locked in his new quarters in Hogwarts, right next to Minerva's, just allowed leaving his bed to wash himself and his daughter. Of course, Harry and Draco didn't leave him alone, no, they even brought their stuff and practical lived with him. Dumbledore was the only one who'd protested, though he didn't care if Draco moved in, but Harry, of course, was a complete different matter.

----

"Harry, my boy. I cannot allow you to move out of Gryffindor Tower. You're still a student and Severus isn't your relative or anything else."

"I don't care. He is my mate and if you don't want a dragon inside of Hogwarts then you better make an exception. And I'm not your boy."

"Don't speak to me in that tone, young man. You are still a student and I'm your Headmaster."

"Yeah? But, I'd asked my Head of House and even the other professors and neither of them had any objections about it. Why have you?"

"I told you already. I, as Headmaster, have still the last word and I won't allow you to move out. You are a Gryffindor and should stay with your house mates."

"I don't think so, Sir. You can expel me if you want, but I'll take Severus with me and we will leave Britain." Harry won't budge on that. Severus might not have said anything yet, about being Harry's mate, but Harry sure wouldn't let Severus behind to deal with Dumbledore and Voldemort.

Dumbledore was furious, but smoothed out his expression. "I don't think that will be necessary, but Harry, you have to prepare for your NEWTs. And what is about your friends?"

"Funny, you want me to search for the Horcruxe during the year, but think Severus might distract me from my schoolwork? And my friends, I will still see in classes, during meals or somewhere else."

"You know how important it is to destroy the Horcruxe."

"Yes, but you could also send someone else. Why are you not sending Sirius or Lupin on this quest? As I know, they had done nothing since Lupin came back from the werewolves. Sirius is free of charges and had been an Auror. I'm sure he's capable to do this." Harry lifted a hand to stop Dumbledore. "This discussion is pointless. I will move into Severus' quarters, no matter if you like it or not, Sir. I have the blessing from the other teachers. Professor McGonagall even added two rooms, one for Draco and the other for me. Severus hadn't protested either."

Harry had turned around and left, not caring what the headmaster had to say.

----

Severus on the other hand, didn't care much if Draco and Harry would move in. Actually, it was nice not to be alone and he wanted to know how Draco had done during the last two years.

"Father wasn't happy after the Dark Lord had exposed you as spy. After all, father was the one who brought you in. He called you many things and said you deserved it all despite the fact what you had done for our family. I mean, you never told that father had freely done what he did and prevented that he went into Azkaban. I don't understand him. All my life he told me how great the Dark Lord is, but I only see a maniac, who loves to torture his own people. And my father is just a coward, who fears the man and won't stand up against him to protect his own family."

"Lucius always loved power. His own father spoiled him rotten, but punished him harshly, if he would embarrass the House Malfoy. Maybe that's why he has a splitting persona."

"Yeah, I know. He did the same to me, but it doesn't matter if it's infuriates him, I'm not interested to be tortured or killed, just because the Dark Lord gives me an impossible mission. My father is too blind to see that he already has made himself a powerful person among the Wizengamot, but of course, since the Dark Lord is back, he loses more and more of it, but he still doesn't see it."