Chapter 19//A Warning?

•Dakara douka semete kono te ga todoku kyori ni ite hoshii. ~ Tenohira - Fairy Tail opening 12•

Kiles Pov

"...And I couldn't tell the look in your eyes. I couldn't figure out what made you do that. To me, to everyone." I muttered as I finished telling him my nightmare.

"Well, don't you worry. I won't ever, ever, do that. Especially not to you." He said as he cupped my face with his hand and kissed me softly.

~

It was about afternoon. Everyone had learned each other's names. We were all laughing and smiling, having the greatest time.

Devin had gone to the other room to get something about fifty minutes ago. I'm starting to get worried. "Hey, guys, I'm gonna go check up on Dev. You guys go without us." I said as everyone got up to go ride some of the rides.

"Aww... ok. If you need us, we'll be outside!" Dina said and shot a wink at me.

"Alright." I replied as they walked out.

I walked into the room and found Devin standing in the darkest corner of the room with his head down, mumbling something.

I walked closer slowly and I could hear him clearly. "Ze...... tsu..... bō....." He mumbled. (Zetsubō is Japanese for despair ^^).

I took another step towards him cautiously. "Ze... tsu.... bō..." He mumbled again, getting louder.

"Dev..?" I asked, my voice low.

His hands flew up to his head and covered his ears. "Zetsubō!!" He shouted and fell to the ground.

I jumped in shock and took a small step back. I watched as Devin got up like nothing happened and he scratched his head confusingly. He turned around and looked at me with concern. "You ok? And by any chance do you know what just happened?" He asked.

"Y-You were..... saying s-something.... Zetsubō.... D.. Do you know what that means?" I asked.

"Eh? The hell? I don't remember that. I don't remember anything from the past hour or so.." He mumbled.

"O-Okay-y... I'll have Kiari h-help with this." I stuttered, still in a shocked state of what I witnessed.

I hadn't seen anyone act like that, and to see someone so close to me act that way, so differently.... It's scary.

Devin and I both nodded and ran out to find Kiari. It wasn't hard to find her, actually, she was hanging upside down from the tree near the house.

I ran up to her, dragging Devin with me. "Kiari! We need your help." I said in a hurry.

"Alright.." She muttered unhappily. I guess she would be mad, she always finds peace while hanging upside down from the tree. No idea why.

She let herself fall and she twisted herself in midair so she would land on her feet. It worked and she landed in front of me with an unpleased face. "What do you need?" She asked emotionlessly.

"Something strange happened just now."

"Oh? Do explain." She crossed her arms.

"Well, Dev was mumbling a word in a different language. He said Zetsubō. Do you have any idea what that means?"

"Yes.. It means Despair." She shifted her glare to Devin, "Do you have any idea what happened when you stepped into the room?"

"Well... it's fuzzy. But I can remember a guy. It was dark so I can't see his face but he was really tall." He explained.

"Mhm.." Kiari mumbled, taking in all the information. "Well, it seems that Devin here was possessed and stayed there until someone heard it's warning." She added.

"A warning? For what?" Devin and I asked in unison frantically.

"I don't know. But it doesn't sound fun. I would get ready for anything if I were you, maybe some training." She suggested.

I nodded and grabbed Devins wrist, pulling him to my favorite training spot when I was little.

When I had the chance to get outside I would go to this spot and pretend I was a ninja. But mom always found me, beat me, then dragged me back home.

But no matter that I would still come to that place. I wouldn't mind the beatings, the lectures, the groundings. I still did it.

Once we arrived Dev looked around in amazement. Of course the first place he gawked at was the big waterfall. "Woah!! So cool!!" He exclaimed and ran underneath the waterfall only to be pushed down by the heavy water. I snickered and pulled him out of the waters grasp.

"Here. This is how you do it." I said and sat down underneath the waterfall. The heavy water poured down on my head but I didn't let it put me down. I stayed still.

A/N
Kyles got some balls. I wouldn't go under a waterfall if someone gave me 1,000 dollars.
But 1,000,000 dollars is a different story >.>
Anyways, I'm off track, hope you enjoyed! x