Chapter 2//Finding you

Devin

"Oh. Look who it is! It's little Devy-poo~. Aww look at him, so fragile and weak!" My bully said. I looked around, I wasn't in the same room. I was in the health room. I still felt really weak but I could move a little. I looked him with hate fire in my eyes. "Ugh... What.... What do you want?" I asked as I struggled to get up. Every bone in my body screamed when I moved them, every muscle I had didn't want to help, even so, I continued.

"I wanna ruin you." He scoffed at me, picking me up by my shoulders so I was his height. He looked at me like I was a bag of worthless trash. Blah, blah, blah, they talk so big, but you could be so much better without them, my son. The man talked to me again. He's right... I smirked evilly and started to laugh, closing my eyes.

"And- Oi! Why are you laughing?!" My bully asked, annoyed. He growled angrily, "You won't be laughing for long!" He exclaimed and cocked his fist back, ready to punch me at full force. I opened my eyes, the room around us turned black, and we were suddenly standing on nothing. I managed to slip out of his grip in less than two seconds.

"Wh-What the hell?!" He screamed. "No, no, this isn't hell, silly." I laughed, "But, don't worry, you're about to take a visit soon!" I pushed my hand against his heart and he fell. "Wh-" He lets out a shaky breath. I smirk and turn my hand into a light fist. I quickly flick my wrist upwards and his body followed. But since there were no ceilings, he kept flying up. I released the grip I had on his body and he came falling down.

He hit the invisible floor we were standing on. He screams in pain, "OW! I think my arm is broken!!" He cries. I wag my finger at him, "Crying is against the rules." I glare at him with a big smile. He stares at me with a look of sheer fear on his face. "P-Please.... D-Don't hurt me! I-I'm sorry for everything, I promise i-it won't happen again!!" He begs, tears falling from his eyes.  I was revolted by the scene playing out in front of me. "Stop that or I'll leave you here to die alone!" I shout. "I-I'm sorry!" He apologizes loudly.

"I didn't say apologize!" I shout at him and slam his body down on the floor repeatedly. After a while, his cries of pain slowed to a stop and I saw a puddle of blood starting to form. I decided to stop and the room returned to normal. I had a raging headache but I ignored it and continued out of the room. The adults rushed up to me, asking if I was ok, I just continued out the front doors. "U-Um... Devin! You can't go that way, sweetie. You have to go out the other do-" The lady who stays inside the main room started to talk but she made my headache even worse, so I cut her off. "Shut. Up." I growled, "You stupid lady!"

I slammed the doors and heard them lock. With the snap of my finger, I was able to set the entire orphanage on fire. I calmly walked away from the burning building full of my enemies and friends. Good job. Maybe, one day, I can congratulate you in person, my boy. The man, I assume is my father, says to me. "Thank you." I say weakly as the headache grows worse. I continue to walk in the most random direction.

Kyle

It was one in the morning when I woke up, it's five now. I couldn't get back to sleep so I realized it's useless for me to be in bed right now. I was thirsty anyways. I got up and headed towards the kitchen but, when I did, I heard little footsteps outside. I ran outside to see who it was and if they needed help.

As soon as I stepped outside, they stopped dead in their tracks. "H... Hello?" I called out to them hesitantly. They were definitely young... Around my age. What're they doing outside? And at this hour too?... Did they run away?? He turned to me and started walking my way. As soon as he was close enough, I saw his creepy appearance.

He greeted me with an insanely creepy smile, messy, blood red hair, and deep crimson eyes that seemed to glow a bit in the darkness. Overall, he looked like a little kid who's been through some tough things. "Well, hi there." He said nicely. His once creepy smile was now a sweet, innocent smile. "How are ya?" He asked.

"I'm.... I'm great!" I said smiling, not wanting to be rude. "How are you?" I asked. "I'm fine." He responded. He looks, sounds, and feels familiar but I've never met anyone but Jesus. "Um... What's your name?" I ask him. He stared at me for a bit but shook his head and answered me, "I'm David! What's your name?" He asked curiously. "Kyle." I said kindly.

His sweet look had changed to a mask-like poker face. His eyes looked dead as he talked, "I have to go... Bye." He said calmly. "O-Oh.... Well, can we be... Friends?" I asked, immediately regretting ever asking. He turned away, "Sure." He shrugged and continued on his original path to nowhere. "I hope he'll be ok..." I whispered to myself. "I'm sure he will." Jesus responded to me kindly though I felt like something was bothering him.

I yawned and my eyes watered. "I'm going to bed... Can you watch over me so I'm safe?" I asked Jesus. "Of course." He smiled.