Chapter 10//The fight

•And will we ever end up together? ~ The Nightmare Before Christmas - Sally's Song•

Justices Pov

I put him to sleep. Good. Now I can start and he won't feel any pain.

I closed my eyes and focused on making my powers stronger, I know I wouldn't be able to cut my friend open without feeling guilty.

My hand started to glow red and I opened my eyes. I pulled up Devins shirt and traced his stomach with the tip of my finger, acting as if it were a scalpel.

His stomach was now open and I could feel my power weakening. Tears wanted to form in my eyes as I looked at his sliced organs.

"N-No tears. Not now." I whispered to myself. I used my other hand to fix his organs that haven't completely healed.

My hand started glowing white as I touched his insides and felt them closing. I couldn't stop one tear from falling down my cheek.

"He's my friend. He puts up with me. And he could've been killed because of me. And now... I've cut him open." I said to myself, causing more tears to fall.

I finished closing all his wounds. One of my hands started to glow a bright blue as I invisibly stitched the incision closed.

Both of my hands stopped glowing, "W-Wake!" I shouted my power being thrown at him.

I fell to my knees, powerless and weak. Devin made that adorable whimper noise "mmm?"

I attempted to wipe the tears from my face, "Mnn? What's wrong?" Devin asked concerned when he saw me.

"I-I..... I'm s-sorry. You w-wouldn't be in th-this situation..... if I-I hadn't......" More tears streamed down my face as I talked, "Shhh. It's okay...... I don't mind." Devin reassured me, cupping my face.

Devins Pov

I don't like seeing her like this.... She's usually so happy.....

"Really, I'll be okay. I promise." I said pulling her closer to me.

"Are y-you sure??" She said sadly

"Yes." I replied honestly, hugging her.

-

Some time passed, Justice was laying her head on my chest. I stroked her hair lightly as she purred softly.

How did this all happen? How did things get so dangerous? .....Well it doesn't matter. What matters is I have to protect my friends. I have to get stronger. I said to myself.

I listened to Justices purring and drifted off to sleep.

Kyles Pov

I was still on the couch with my head in my hands. Mom and Dad want to know what's wrong, but I can't tell them. It might put them in danger.

"Why do things have to be so..... complicated..." I mumbled to myself

"That's life." Jesus said

"I know... It's just.... I feel like I cant do anything to help... I need to get stronger so next time this happens, I'll be there." I said

"It's not your fault." Jesus reassured me

"I know, but earlier today.... I was almost out of the times grasp. But I was too weak and I couldn't get out. That's why I need to be stronger." I replied, "Do you understand?" I looked over to Jesus who nodded.

I started to yawn and my eyes felt heavy, "I should..... get to sleep." I said to myself as I got up and walked towards my room.

-----(Yea u know what happens... sleep duh)----