Shattered - SHORT CHAPTER

He still couldn't believe it. Today, he would bury the love of his life....his Mate....his Queen.

The hallways were silent, no longer being filled with her contagious  laughter. Walking down those very halls, Jareth wore his best suit. Playing with the wedding ring on his finger, he felt sadness pull at his heart.

Never in a million years, did Jareth think that he would have to bury Sarah. Reaching the heavy doors of the castle, he stepped out into the dry air. The citizens of the Kingdom lined the path to the opening of the Labyrinth. He decided that she should be laid to rest in the middle of it, since she was the only human to complete the impossible maze.

He felt Ray take his hand, standing beside him, and squeezed it gently. He knew that was Ray's way of letting him know he had someone to turn to. Giving Ray a smile that didn't reach his eyes, he began making his way to his beloved.

The silence was unbearable, just like the empty stares from the goblins. Ludo, Sir Didymus, and Hoggle could be seen weeping by the front garden, another sight that weighed heavy on his immortal heart.

Stopping at her cream colored coffin, he turned around to address the crowd. 

"I never thought today would arrive. Sarah was a very loving, kind, and giving soul. Her dedication and loyalty, not only to the Kingdom, but to all of you, will always be remembered. She saved Ray from a terrible fate. Knowing that it would claim her life, she did it anyway. Her willingness to help others and selflessness were always her best qualities. Let us remember the Queen as she was. Strong, fearless, and a true leader. To the Queen!" Jareth's voice shook, but never broke. 

"To the Queen!" The crowd repeated.

Placing a hand on the coffin, he bent down to give her one final kiss.

"I truly am powerless now.  Rest easy, my Love." He whispered. 

Placing a single white rose on the coffin, he turned and walked away, removing Aspen from Gregor's hands.

**************************************************

Watching from a distance, a hooded figure waited until the crowd left, before they snuck over to the coffin. Taking advantage of the perfect moment, they pried the lid open. Lifting her body out and closing the lid, they walked away.

With a wicked grin plastered across their face, they continued to walk through the Labyrinth, stealing the Queen's body.......once and for all.