One Wrong Move

The shower shut off. Sarah reached for her towel and wrapped it around her body as best as she could. She felt so much better than she thought she would.  After all, she fed her inner demon, got rid of Chris for good, and gave birth. 

Oh shit, I almost did it again.....Let's start at the beginning of this chapter instead of the end.

“I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.”-David Bowie

**********************************************

Today is the second day of the bond and it wouldn't be anything like they expect.

"Your Majesty, there is another babe that has been collected. We need someone to watch the Labyrinth." Gregor informed Sarah.

"The King is sitting with Ray as he transforms. It looks like you have me, Gregor." Sarah stood, her hands automatically moving to her abdomen.  She was awaken this morning by tiny little kicks here and there. She swore she felt her immortal heart beat normally again.

Gregor held one of her hands as they walked down the hallway. There wasn't much a goblin could do to catch a human taller than they were, but Gregor would do anything to protect the Queen.

Turning down an all too familiar hallway, Sarah froze.

"We have to go down this way?" Her voice was shakey, on verge of shattering altogether.

"I'm afraid so, your Majesty, but if you want to close your eyes, I'll guide you through it." Gregor offered. Shaking her head, he took both of her hands and she closed her eyes. 

Images of Jareth's face as she barged in filled her head. The sound of blood dripping to the marble floor echoed in her ears. Her breathing became frantic and then suddenly, they were out of the hallway just as fast as they were in it.

"Are you alright, my Queen?" Gregor asked, his hands on her lower back. She was slightly bent over. 

"I'm okay. I just had a small panic attack. Let's get to this Labyrinth throne so I can sit down." She began walking again.

Opening two heavy wooden doors, the throne was revealed. She hadn't seen it since she came to save Toby all those years ago.

'...you have no power over me!'

These words echoed in her head and soon weighed down her heart. At the time, she thought she had to render him powerless to get Toby back. Gregor led her to the throne and helped her get comfortable.

"All you have to do is sit here and watch them. If they try anything tricky, trick them back. We'll be here to help in any way." Gregor picked up the babe that crawled to him and clenched his eyes closed as she grabbed onto his beard. 

Sarah giggled and reached for the babe. Turning the infant around to see her face and catching a mixture of scents, Sarah froze again. It couldn't be.

This was Chris's babe.

Furrowing her brow, Sarah plunged herself into her thoughts, sitting like this for several minutes maybe he actually found someone that could tolerate his abusive, egotistical qualities, but she never would again.

Rage filled her.

"Gregor, take the babe. Stay here and do NOT let anything happen to her. If so much as a hair is misplaced when I come back, you all will be skinned. I hope I'm making myself VERY clear!" She spoke calmly.