Don't Play With A Boss -Part 2

"I'm gonna take my time with you." He tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. His voice was softer now.

"I'd like that." Goosebumps littered her sun kissed skin. She knew that what he said wasn't just a statement, but a warning.

Closing her eyes, she felt every brush against her skin, every accidental touch, every breath that washed over her body. She embraced it, simply because it was caused by HIM.

Supporting his weight on his forearms, she felt his length between her legs. Grabbing her hips and lifting her up, her shoulders were the only thing allowed to  touch the mattress. With her body air tight against his, he grinned. Pounding into her, he bathed in the sounds she made because of him.

"I'll never get tired of hearing the sounds you make for me." He admitted. Thoughts invaded his mind, taking him back to seeing her bleeding out on the stone floor. Sensing his mood shift, she plunged herself into that handsome mind of his. 

'Focus on me, Ray. Don't let the thoughts consume you...' Her words echoed inside of his mind, trying to ward off the intruding voices.

'They're so LOUD!' He groaned internally, fighting an invisible battle.

'It's alright, Love. I'm right here. Look at me. I'm alright.' She reassured him.

Desperate for the thoughts to leave, he did as she instructed and looked at her.  Her green eyes stared back at him. More thoughts raped his mind.

What would I do if I lost you?

I couldn't live with myself if....

Aspen would be without a mother...

The kingdom with out it's Queen...

Jareth would be more than devastated....

  The Labyrinth would crumble...

The Goblin Kingdom would fall...

Pressing her lips to his, she silently absorbed his pain and his suffering. Stopping when his mind was cleared, she hid his suffering behind her eyes. She made a vow, to herself , to never let Ray find out what she did. She hated that he was suffering and would go as far as possible to keep him happy and safe.   

"They've finally stopped." He sounded so relieved. Pain clenched, like a vice grip around her immortal heart. A heavy, sinking feeling settled in the pit of her stomach. Smiling through the pain, no one would know any different. 

"That's good." Sarah spoke as he pulled himself from her.

"I'm sorry that I ruined the mood." He apologized.

"You didn't ruin anything. To cheer up, go visit Aspen and Jareth." She suggested. 

"That sounds like a great idea. He is so adorable!" Ray got dressed and kissed Sarah, before he left their bedroom.

Deafening silence filled the room.

Taking a deep breath, Sarah felt a piece of herself break inside. When she first arrived at the Goblin Kingdom, she read alot of books. One of them happened to be 'Saving The Life Of A Fae' .

The book went on to describe different spells that could save a Fae's life from anything trying to cause it harm, in this case haunting thoughts. In a chapter labeled 'Detoxing The Mind' , Sarah read how to pull emotion from people who were suffering. She hadn't needed to use it yet, but she knew the cost of doing it. 

Going into detail, the chapter explain how every spell in that book had a price. This price happened to be the Caster, meaning Sarah just gave up her life, willingly, to save that of her lover.  She knew that Aspen would be taken care of by Jareth and Ray. 

Another piece of her broke, shattering the very foundation that protected her. Sliding under the covers, she closed her eyes, just for awhile. She had been through a lot and it took it's toll on her. 

**************************************************

Aspen looked up at Jareth, smiling and cooing. Footsteps echoed in the hallway as Ray made his way to them.

"How does it feel to be a father?" He saw how Aspen's attention quickly moved to him.

"It's unlike anything I've ever felt." Jareth turned towards Ray. 

"I honestly thought that Sarah wasn't going to make it. I can't imagine how you felt." Ray looked down at Aspen again.

"For the first time in my life, I was scared." Jareth admitted. 

"She's quite the Queen, you know. Just her smile is enough to make you forget about your worries. She gives so much of herself and takes nothing in return." A faint smile rested on Ray's lips.

"The way her eyes lock on to yours, nothing compares to it. She could have anyone in the world she wanted and yet, she chose us." Jareth smiled down at his son as he spoke. 

"We are very fortunate to have her, all three of us." Ray added. 

"Gregor, watch Aspen, please. Ray and I are going to show our appreciation to the Queen." Jareth stood and handed the goblin the royal babe.

***************************************************
Walking down the hallway to their room, Jareth took Ray's hand in his, noticing his smile afterwards. 

"You're a major part of our lives now." He told Ray. 

"You guys are for me as well." He spoke. 

Turning a series of corners, they finally reached their bedroom. Opening the door, they saw Sarah resting on the bed. 

"Let's not wake her. She looks so peaceful." Ray whispered. 

Jareth's eyes drank in her covered form. Letting his eyes glance at a piece of her exposed skin, he noticed black veins all over her body. Running over to her, he threw the blanket across the room, revealing Sarah's cold, dead body to the both of them. Her eyes were sunk in and her skin was as hard as stone. 

"Sarah mine, wake up!" Jareth shouted, shaking her lifeless body.

"What's going on?!" Ray was beyond concerned.

"What happened while you were in here!?" Jareth's sad eyes met Ray's shocked ones.

"We had sex and she helped calm me down." Ray admitted. Jareth had a thousand more questions.

"Calmed you down from what?" Jareth snapped.

"I couldn't get thoughts out of my head.." Ray spoke honestly. 

"You let her detox them from you!?" Jareth was very, very pissed now.

"Detox them...?" Ray asked confused.

"You didn't know.." Jareth fell to his knees, the realization of what she did became clear to him.

"Didn't know what? I am so lost." Ray's voice dropped.

"She absorbed your thoughts into herself, but at a cost, her life." Jareth stood and scooped his wife's body up.

"She died for me..." Ray spoke when a realization of his own hit him. Only then, did he know how much she had truly cared for him....