New Leaf

[Y/N] = Your Name

[L/N] = Last Name

[P/N] = Partner Name

: = Dialogue

Author's Note : This chapter takes place during Omniverse.

Now let the story begin.

[Y/N] : Umm..sir? Can you run that by me one more time please?

The young Plumber named [Y/N] [L/N] asks Magister Max Tennyson, his mentor and grandfather of his childhood friends Ben and Gwen Tennyson.

Max : I said that as of today, Charmcaster here will be your new partner.

He says as a young woman with white hair steps out from behind him and waves at [Y/N] playfully.

[Y/N] : New partner? I don't understand sir, wasn't [P/N] was my partner?

Max : He was, but [P/N] got reassigned to a different sector of the galaxy.

[Y/N] : Oh.

He looks down feeling slightly hurt that his partner left without saying anything to him.

Charmcaster : Aww, don't look so down [Y/N]. Who needs [P/N] when you have me?

She slings her arm over [Y/N]'s shoulder and smiles at him, causing him to blush a little.

[Y/N] : Y-yeah, which leads me to my next question. Why is she my new partner? No offense.

Charmcaster : Eh, none taken.

Max : That's because Charmcaster is trying to make amends for her past.

[Y/N] : Uh-huh, and how can we be sure this isn't just another trick? I mean, she's been given chances to turn over a new leaf before, only to end in betrayal each and every time. Again, no offense.

Charmcaster : Ok, some offense taken this time.

Max : Look [Y/N], I understand where you're coming from, but I really believe that Charmcaster's being sincere about changing her ways this time. I know you have a hard time trusting others, but you're 19 years old [Y/N], you can't waste your life being so jaded and suspicious of people. Just give her a chance ok? Who knows, you two might even form a closer bond than you had with [P/N]?

[Y/N] : ...yes, you make a fair point Magister.

With a sigh, he turns to face Charmcaster with a small frown.

[Y/N] : I apologize for saying those things Charmcaster. If we're going to be partners, I don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

Charmcaster : It's no biggie [Y/N]. I get that you don't trust me quite yet, but believe me when I say I really wanna make up for the things I've done. So put 'er there partner!

The white haired magic user smiles and sticks out her hand for [Y/N] to shake, which after some initial reluctance, he eventually does with a hint of a smile on his face.

Max : See? You two are hitting it off already. Now then, onto your first assignment...

Two months later...

As with most things, Max was right about [Y/N] and Charmcaster forming a close bond.

It took a while for [Y/N] to completely warm up to his new partner, but when he finally came around, the two made quite an impressive pair.

Outside of being partners, [Y/N] and Charmcaster became close friends as well.

Hanging out together, exchanging stories, spending the night at each other's homes on multiple occasions, Charmcaster even taught [Y/N] how to cast basic spells and insisted he start calling her by her real name Hope.

Despite being good friends, most of their peers seem to think that something beyond mere friendship is going on between the two.

....and there is some truth in that.

[Y/N] and Charmcaster have indeed developed feelings for each other during their time together as partners.

Currently, Magister Tennyson went to check up on the two during their patrol, but is surprised when he catches them making out behind a building in Undertown.

Max : Well now, ain't this a pretty sight?

The two quickly pull away as [Y/N] turns to face his mentor.

[Y/N] : M-magister Tennyson?! Hope and I were just c-checking the area for criminal activity!

Max : Really? The lipstick marks all over your face say otherwise.

He says with a slight grin.

[Y/N] blushes profusely as Charmcaster giggles.

Max : Look, I know what's going on here. I've been young before.

Charmcaster : Heh, must've been like a millennium ago.

She whispers under her breath, unaware that Max heard her.

Max : I'll be ignoring that statement of yours Charmcaster. Anyways, I know you two have feelings for each other, and I'm fine with that, just try to be professional when you're on duty please?

[Y/N] : Y-yes, we understand Magister. Don't we Hope?

Charmcaster gives Max a silly salute, making him chuckle.

Max : Alright, I'll let you two lovebirds get back to your patrol now. When you're finished, report back to me and I'll let you clock out early.

They both nod as he leaves.

Charmcaster : So, wanna get back to kissing?

[Y/N] : Sorry Hope, as much as I want to, we have to get back to patrolling.

Charmcaster : Fine...

After a moment of silence, Hope speaks up again.

Charmcaster : Hey [Y/N], I just wanted to say thank you for being my partner. Being with you makes me really happy that I decided to turn over a new leaf. I don't know if it's to soon to say this, but I love you so much [Y/N].

He smiles before pulling her closer to him.

[Y/N] : I love you too Hope.

She gives him a loving smile as they share a brief yet passionate kiss.

Pulling away, Charmcaster smirks and takes [Y/N]'s hand.

Charmcaster : Come on boyfriend, let's go finish our patrol.

He chuckles and smiles at her.

[Y/N] : Right behind you...girlfriend.

With that, the duo walk off to finish their assignment, not just as partners, but also as a new couple.