Uncle Knows Best

[Y/N] = Your Name

[L/N] = Last Name

[M/N] = Mother Name

[F/N] = Father Name

: = Dialogue

Author's Note : This chapter takes place during the original series.

Now let the story begin.

In his room, 16 year old [Y/N] [L/N] is listening to music before hearing his mother calling for him.

[M/N] : [Y/N], come here quick!

[Y/N] : Coming mom!

He turns off the music and enters the living room, where he sees his mom and dad sitting on the couch next to his girlfriend Charmcaster.

[Y/N] : Babe, what are you doing here?

She doesn't answer as she gets up and rushes over to her boyfriend, hugging him tightly.

[Y/N] : Ok, I'm starting to get a little worried here. What's going on Hope?

[D/N] : Son, your girlfriend will be staying with us for a while.

[Y/N] : Huh? Why?

His mom and dad exchange glances and sigh.

[M/N] : Perhaps it's best if Hope tells you herself.

Now extremely worried, [Y/N] looks at his girlfriend with concern in his eyes.

[Y/N] : Hope, please tell me what's wrong.

Charmcaster : I had pretty bad fight with my uncle...about you.

She begins telling him what happened between her and her Uncle Hex.

Flashback

Charmcaster : He's my boyfriend Uncle, you can't forbid me from seeing him!

Hex : He is a distraction! How can you focus on your magic training with that boy in the way?!

Charmcaster : He's not just some boy Uncle, I love him!

Her uncle scoffs at this.

Hex : Love you say? Don't be a fool. You're just being a hormonal teenager. Listen to me carefully girl. If you do not cease this foolishness and end your relationship with that boy, I'll be forced to take matters into my own hands.

Understanding what he's getting at, Hope angrily sends a blast of magic at Hex, which he effortlessly blocks.

Hex : You dare try to strike your own uncle?!

Charmcaster : Consider that a warning! If you ever try to hurt my [Y/N], I will not hesitate to fight you uncle!

Hex : Insolent girl! You'd betray the only family you have left for an insignificant boy?!

She simply ignores him as she teleports away.

Flashback End

Charmcaster : And that's pretty much what happened.

[Y/N] : I'm so sorry Hope, I never wanted to get in between you and your uncle.

Charmcaster : You have nothing to apologize for babe, if my uncle really cared about me, he would've understood how much you mean to me. I love you so much [Y/N].

[Y/N] : I love you too Hope.

The two share a brief kiss as [Y/N]'s parents smile at the romantic scene.

[D/N] : I'd hate to interrupt the moment you two are having, but there's a few things we all need to discuss.

[Y/N] : Right...

Charmcaster : Sorry...

They both blush in embarrassment.

[M/N] : Now from what Hope told us, you might be in danger [Y/N].

[D/N] : If I was a gambling man, I'd bet Hex will come here looking for Hope. If that happens and a confrontation occurs, we need to be ready.

Hope : Don't worry Mr and Mrs [L/N], I'll take care of my uncle if that does happen.

As if on cue, the front door flies open and reveals a very angry Hex.

Hex : I am here for my niece. Give her to me and I shall leave peacefully.

Charmcaster : No way Uncle, I'm staying here!

Hex : I'm sorry, but your compliance isn't a factor girl.

[Y/N] : I won't let you take her skull face!

Hex : Hmm...you must be the boy my niece is so infatuated with. It's time that I dealt with you personally!

He swings his staff and sends a small wave of magic at [Y/N], but is intercepted by Hope.

Charmcaster : I warned you Uncle! I won't let you harm my boyfriend!

Hex : Stand down Charmcaster! I am your uncle, your guardian! I alone know what's best for you, and you will obey me whether you want to or not!

Charmcaster : I am tired of you ordering me around and trying to control me like a puppet on a string! I can live my life however I wish Uncle, and if that includes being with [Y/N], then you just have to accept that!

Hex doesn't take kindly to her words and angry begins reciting a chant.

In response, Hope summons a few of her stone creatures and orders them to protect [Y/N] and his parents.

Charmcaster : This ends now Uncle!

Before he could finish the chant, Hope casts a counter spell on her uncle, causing him to be flung harshly against the wall and knocked unconscious.

[M/N] : Oh my! I-is he...?

Charmcaster : No, he's alive. The spell I casted cancelled out his chant, creating magical feedback and generated enough force to send him flying. Before he comes to, I better restrain him.

She recites a spell as translucent pink chains form around Hex before disappearing.

Charmcaster : There. Those chains will prevent him from using his magic, and only I can remove them. Now you should probably call the cops and have them take him away.

[D/N] : Right, I'll go dial the number.

Timeskip

The police arrive and put Hex in the back of the squad car after he had woken up a few moments earlier.

Hex : Head my words Charmcaster! I will find a way to escape and undo these chains! When I do, you and the [L/N] family will face my vengeance! You have not seen the last of Hex!

He screams in anger as the police car drives away to take him to prison.

Charmcaster : We shall see about that Uncle.

She mutters under her breath as she holds her boyfriend's hand tightly.

To be continued....