Karaoke Date

[Y/N] = Your Name

[L/N] = Last Name

Italics = Thoughts

: = Dialogue

Author's Note : This chapter takes place during Omniverse.

Song – I Live My Life For You by Firehouse

Now let the story begin.

I can't believe she talked me into this.

[Y/N] sighs as he sits next to his girlfriend Charmcaster, who talked him into going to karaoke for their date night.

Noticing her boyfriend's expression, Charmcaster chuckles and playfully punches his shoulder.

Charmcaster : Jeez babe, if you hated my idea this much, you coulda just said no.

[Y/N] : Sorry Hope, I don't hate karaoke, it's just that...I'm not used to singing in front of other people.

Charmcaster : But I've heard you sing before, and you have a great voice! If you're worried people will make fun of you, they won't. If they do, they'll have to deal with me. So just relax and have fun. Please? Do it for me?

She gives him puppy eyes that wear down his will rather quickly.

Darn it, she just had to use the puppy eyes on me. Guess I have no choice.

He sighs as his girlfriend smiles smugly, knowing that she has been victorious.

[Y/N] : Alright Hope, you win. I'll go up and sing when it's my turn. You know I'll build up an immunity to those sad eyes of yours one day right?

Charmcaster : Someday maybe, but not anytime soon.

She says with a small chuckle, causing [Y/N] to roll his eyes in amusement.

[Y/N] : By the way, why didn't you sign yourself up to sing? Why just me?

Charmcaster : Because admittedly, I'm pretty bad at keeping in tune. You on the other hand, are amazing. Honestly babe, you should be on The Voice!

[Y/N] smiles at her compliment before hearing the voice of the announcer.

Announcer : Alright ladies and gentlemen, next up is [Y/N] [L/N]. Yo [Y/N], step right up to the stage man!

Well, it's my time to shine now I guess...

Charmcaster : You've got this babe. Love ya.

She gives him a quick kiss before he walks onto the stage and grabs the microphone.

[Y/N] : Uh h-hey everyone, this is my first time doing karaoke, so I'm a little nervous. A-anyways, this song goes out to my girlfriend Hope, whom I love so much. Ok, Hit it.

The music starts as [Y/N] begins singing.

[Play music video at the start of the chapter]

🎵 🎤
You know you're everything to me
And I could never see
The two of us apart
And you know I give myself to you
And no matter what you do
I promise you my heart
I've built my world around you and I want you to know
I need you like I've never needed anyone before
I live my life for you
I want to be by your side in everything that you do
And if there's only one thing you can believe is true
I live my life for you
I dedicate my life to you
You know that I would die for you
But our love would last forever
And I will always be with you
And there is nothing we can't do
As long as we're together
I just can't live without you and I want you to know
I need you like I've never needed anyone before
I live my life for you
I want to be by your side in everything that you do
And if there's only one thing you can believe is true
I live my life for you
Oh, I've built my world around you and I want you to know
I need you like I've never needed anyone before
I live my life for you
I want to be by your side in everything that you do
And if there's only one thing you can believe is true
I live my life for you
Whoa-oh, yeah, I live my life for you🎵🎤

[Music ends]

When [Y/N] finishes singing, the whole place erupts into thunderous applause.

Announcer : Wowzers! What a voice! Are you a professional singer?

[Y/N] : N-no?

Announcer : Really? Well, you certainly could be. Give another round of applause for [Y/N] [L/N]!

[Y/N] smiles as he looks to where Charmcaster is sitting, and sees her smiling widely at him with a few tears in her eyes.

Wow, she must've really liked it.

He walks back to his table as Charmcaster pulls him into a tight hug.

Charmcaster : T-that was absolutely beautiful! It was incredibly sweet of you to dedicate that song to me!

[Y/N] : Yeah, which is why I chose that song in the first place. Every single word I sang holds true. I love you so much Hope.

She looks at him with watery eyes before pulling him into a passionate kiss, leaving him a blushing mess when she pulls away.

Charmcaster : I feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now. A few years ago, if I had been told that I would be dating the most amazing guy ever, I never would've believed it. But it's true, it's a hundred percent true. I love you [Y/N], with everything my jaded heart can muster.

The two share another kiss before wrapping their arms around each other and watching the rest of the performances.

Timeskip

With date night coming to an end, [Y/N] and  Charmcaster leave the venue and head to their apartment.

[Y/N] : Y'know, despite my worries earlier, I had a lot of fun tonight. Maybe we could make this a regular thing?

Charmcaster : Absolutely. I'd never pass up the chance to hear my man sing.

[Y/N] smiles as they walk back to their shared apartment hand in hand.