Friends to More

[Y/N] = Your Name

[L/N] = Last Name

Italics = Thoughts

: = Dialogue

Author's Note : This chapter takes place during Omniverse.

Now let the story begin.

After class ends for the day, a student of Friedkin University named [Y/N] [L/N] heads back to his dorm to relax.

On his way there, he is stopped by Professor Hex, teacher of magical artifacts and antiquities at the University and uncle to [Y/N]'s close friend Charmcaster.

[Y/N] : Hey Professor Hex, do you need something?

Hex : Hello Mr. [L/N], my niece wanted me to tell you to meet her in the courtyard.

I wonder why Charmcaster wants to meet me there?

[Y/N] questions to himself before giving his teacher a nod.

[Y/N] : Thank you for the heads up Professor.

He goes to walk away before Hex stops him.

Hex : [Y/N], I just wanted to give you my thanks for being my neice's friend. She's had a...troubled past, so I'm glad she managed to befriend a nice young man like yourself.

He says with a grateful smile.

[Y/N] : I appreciate the kind words Professor. Charmcaster means a lot to me, and I'm glad she's my friend. I better get going, I don't want to keep her waiting. Have a good evening.

Hex watches [Y/N] walk away with a smile on his face.

You're more important to Charmcaster than you realize Mr. [L/N]. Perhaps you can be the positive influence in her life she needs.

When [Y/N] makes it to the courtyard, he sees Charmcaster laying on her stomach underneath a tree while reading what is presumably a spellbook.

He walks over to her, but she is too engrossed in the book she's reading to notice him.

She didn't hear me coming, this is the perfect opportunity for a little fun.

[Y/N] chuckles devilishly to himself as he gets an idea.

He sneaks up behind her with a smirk.

[Y/N] : BOO!

Charmcaster : Ahh!

She lets out a startled yelp as her book is flung into the air, causing [Y/N] to laugh loudly.

Charmcaster : Ha ha, real funny [Y/N].

She says with an irritated look on her face before picking up her book.

[Y/N] : Oh come on Charmcaster, don't be like that. Besides, I seem to remember you doing something similar to me when we became friends.

She goes to say something, but sighs in defeat.

Charmcaster : ...ok, you have a point there.

They both chuckle and take a seat next to each other under the tree.

[Y/N] : So, your uncle told me you wanted to meet me here. What's up?

A small blush appears on Charmcaster's face.

Ok, now's the time to finally tell him how you feel.

Charmcaster : [Y/N], we've been friends for a while now right?

He gives her a questioning look.

[Y/N] : Yeah? Where are you going with this Charmcaster?

She shakes her head and sighs.

Charmcaster : I've told you before [Y/N], you don't have to keep calling me Charmcaster. Just call me Hope.

(Hope is Charmcaster's real name)

[Y/N] : Alright. Where are you going with this Hope?

She sighs and takes a deep breath.

Ok Hope, even if he doesn't feel the same way, he's still your friend.

She mentally reassures herself.

Charmcaster : You're my best friend [Y/N], actually...you're my only friend. I enjoy hanging out and spending time with you, but lately, something's changed.

Changed? What does she mean?

[Y/N] wonders before she continues.

Charmcaster : I don't want to just be friends with you [Y/N], I want to be more.

His eyes widen as a blush grows on his face.

[Y/N] : Y-you mean....

Charmcaster : I believe that I've fallen in love with you [Y/N], and I would like you to be my boyfriend.

She tells him as his blush deepens.

I can't believe it, my best friend and crush just confessed to me!

Truth is, [Y/N] has had a crush on Charmcaster ever since the two had become friends.

Charmcaster : If you don't feel the same way, please just promise me we can remain friends and pretend this conversation never happened ok?

[Y/N] doesn't say anything and pulls her into a kiss, causing her to squeal in happiness.

He's kissing me, this is the best day of my life! Wow, [Y/N] is an amazing kisser.

She sinks into the kiss before pulling away with a dopey smile on her face.

Charmcaster : S-stupid question, but does this mean you love me too?

He nods with a flustered face.

[Y/N] : Y-yeah, it does. I love you too Hope, of course I'll be your boyfriend.

She smiles widely and hugs [Y/N] as tightly as she can.

Charmcaster : I'm so happy right now! I love you so much [Y/N].

[Y/N] : H-hope, I can't...breathe.

Charmcaster : Huh? Oops! Hehe, sorry babe.

She lets go as [Y/N] regains the ability to breathe.

Charmcaster : Soooo, since we're boyfriend and girlfriend now, do you wanna go out on a date?

[Y/N] deadpans at his girlfriend.

[Y/N] : Hope, it's almost dark out. It's too late to leave campus grounds.

She huffs and pouts.

Charmcaster : Fine. Oh, how about we go to your dorm and watch a movie together?

[Y/N] : I'm fine with that. Besides, since I don't have a dorm mate, it'll just be the two of us.

Charmcaster : Awesome! See you there babe, love ya!

She uses her magic to teleport herself to his room.

He chuckles and shakes his head in amusement.

There she goes. I swear no matter how many times I see her use it, I'll never get used to magic.

[Y/N] is then suddenly surrounded by a purple glow and transported to his room by his impatient and loving new girlfriend.