Return of Hex

[Y/N] = Your Name

[L/N] = Last Name

[M/N] = Mother Name

[F/N] = Father Name

: = Dialogue

Author's Note : This chapter is a sequel to Uncle Knows Best.

Now let the story begin.

Several months after Hex was sent to prison, Charmcaster and [Y/N] are snuggling close together while watching tv.

Flipping through the channels, the young couple stop on the local news.

Anchor : Reports say that the villainous Hex has escaped from his cell sometime last night. The city police force have been searching for him, but to no avail. The head of the local police department has issued a warning that if you see this man, do not engage as he is incredibly dangerous. In other news...

[Y/N] turns the tv off as he and his girlfriend exchange worried looks.

Charmcaster : How did he escape?! The magic chains I put on him should've prevented that!

[Y/N] : I don't know Hope, but what I do know is that we're all in danger. Remember what he said before the police took him away? He wants revenge. No doubt he'll come to the house again.

Charmcaster : Go tell your parents what's going on, I'll be there in a minute.

He does so, leaving Charmcaster alone in his room.

Charmcaster : I don't know where you are right now Uncle, but no matter what you're planning to do, I will not allow you to harm my boyfriend or his family...my family.

She says to herself with determination before walking out of the room to join her boyfriend.

After [Y/N] and Hope explain the situation to his parents, they all discuss what to do.

Charmcaster : Please let me take care of this, it's because of me that my Uncle came here the first time. I'm so sorry for everything that's happened and all the problems me being here has caused you.

[F/N] : No Hope, the only one at fault here is your Uncle.

[M/N] : My husband is right dear. He was the one who came to our home acting all confrontational. And for what? All because he didn't approve of you dating my son? How dare he! If he can't see how much you and [Y/N] love each other, then shame on him!

[F/N] : Well said hun. Hope, you're like a daughter to us. You'll always be welcome in our home, and I'll be darned if I let Hex harm my family.

Hope smiles widely as a happy tear streams down her cheek.

Charmcaster : T-thank you.

The [L/N]s all smile and pull her into a group hug, only to be interrupted by an ominous gust of wind and flash of light, revealing Hex standing in front of them with an odd expression on his face.

Hope immediately takes a defensive stance in front of her boyfriend and his parents while glaring at her Uncle.

Charmcaster : Tell me how you got out of the chains I casted on you!

Hex : The spell's effect gradually weakened over time until it was weak enough to break. Perhaps the spell would've lasted longer if you spent more time improving your magic.

Charmcaster : My magic is stronger than you give it credit for Uncle, and I'll prove it by stopping whatever you have planned!

Hex : Must you always be so dramatic? Calm yourself girl, I have not come here to fight.

[Y/N] : Then why are you here then? Last time we saw you Hex, you were swearing vengeance on us from the back of a police car.

Hex : You are correct [Y/N] [L/N], I did seek revenge on your family and my niece, but during my incarceration, I've done some...reflecting.

[F/N] : Reflecting?

Hex sighs and turns to the [L/N]s with regret in his eyes.

Hex : I would like to apologize for bringing harm to you and your home. During my time in prison, I began to realize the error of my actions.

[M/N] : If you're truly sorry, then there's someone you should be apologizing to more so than us.

He nods and turns to his niece, who is still a bit wary of him.

Hex : Hope, words cannot describe how much I regret the way I treated you. I was so stubborn about what I though was best for you, that I was willingly ignorant to what you wanted. I see now how much young [L/N] means to you, and even if you do not forgive me for my foolishness, know that I support you in anything you wish to do with your life.

Hope lowers her guard and gives her Uncle a small smile.

Charmcaster : Thank you Uncle.

He returns her smile before facing her boyfriend with a stern look.

Hex : Know this [Y/N] [L/N], though I approve of your relationship with my niece, I will not hesitate to destroy you if you break her heart.

[Y/N] : I would never do that. I love Hope so much, and would never do anything to hurt her.

Charmcaster : Aww, I love you too [Y/N].

The two share a quick kiss and embrace each other as Hex smiles at the scene.

Hex : Good. I've said all I've needed to, and shall now take my leave. Farewell.

He says before teleporting away.

[F/N] : Umm, are we just going to ignore the fact that Hex is still a wanted man?

[M/N] : I guess so dear. Let's just be thankful that everything ended up alright in the end.

Charmcaster : I'm glad my uncle's had a change of heart. Now that everything's back to normal, wanna go back to your room babe?

[Y/N] smiles and nods as they go back to his room to watch tv and snuggle close together on the bed like they were doing earlier.