A Father's Approval

[Y/N] = Your Name

[L/N] = Last Name

Italics = Thoughts

: = Dialogue

Author's Note : This chapter takes place during Alien Force/Ultimate Alien.

Now let the story begin.

Arriving in Legerdomain, Charmcaster and her boyfriend [Y/N] [L/N] head to her castle.

Charmcaster : So babe, why was it so important for me to bring you here?

She asks him curiously.

[Y/N] : Let's just say that I have a surprise for you that I think you'll really like.

A surprise? What is he planning?

She questions to herself as her boyfriend smiles at her.

[Y/N] : It's gonna take a while to set up. So just relax for a bit and I'll let you know when I'm ready.

Charmcaster : Ok, now you're really starting to worry me [Y/N].

[Y/N] : There's nothing to worry about. Trust me Hope, you'll love what I'm about to do.

Charmcaster : Alright babe, if you say so.

She leans against the wall as she watches [Y/N] grab a few items out of his bag and place them in a circle.

What's he doing? It looks like he's setting up for a ritual.

[Y/N] continues by placing a small round orb in the center of the circle before stepping back and turning to his girlfriend with a small smile.

[Y/N] : The preparations are complete, now it's time to get started. Are you ready Hope?

Hope nods in slight confusion as her boyfriend begins reciting a spell. One that Charmcaster doesn't recognize.

I've never heard this magic chant before. Where did [Y/N] learn it?

As [Y/N] finishes reciting the spell, the ritual circle begins to glow as the orb in the middle rises up into the air, making him smile widely.

It's working! I can't believe it's actually working!

Charmcaster : Babe, what's going on?

[Y/N] : A family reunion.

Before Hope could ask him what that means, the orb glows and begins materializing a humanoid figure.

[Y/N] : The ritual connected the spirit world to ours, allowing us to temporarily bring someone from the afterlife here.

The figure fully materializes, revealing itself to be Spellbinder, Charmcaster's father.

Charmcaster : D-daddy?

She asks in disbelief as tears begin to form in her eyes.

Spellbinder : Hope, you've grown so much.

He says with a smile as she crashes into his arms and sobs.

Charmcaster : I missed you so much!

Spellbinder : I missed you too sweetheart.

[Y/N] watches the scene in front of him and smiles warmly.

Oh how I love beautiful moments like these. I might just start crying myself. No, keep it together [Y/N], you still have something you need to do.

He slowly approaches the two as Spellbinder looks at him.

[Y/N] : It's a pleasure to meet you sir. I've heard a lot about you. My name's [Y/N] [L/N].

Spellbinder : I know. You're my daughter's boyfriend aren't you?

He nods as Spellbinder shakes his hand.

Spellbinder : It's nice to meet you as well [Y/N]. Now then, I believe you have another reason for summoning me other than a brief reunion with my daughter.

Hope turns to her boyfriend with a raised eyebrow.

Charmcaster : What does he mean babe?

[Y/N] takes a deep breath and looks to Spellbinder with a serious expression.

[Y/N] : Sir, your daughter means the world to me, and I love her so much. That's why I did some research and came across a spell that could let me talk with you. I wish to ask you for your blessing to marry your daughter.

Hope's eyes widen at this revelation.

He did all of this to get my father's approval because he wants to marry me?! That is so romantic!

She thinks to herself with a blush and a growing smile.

Spellbinder : I see. You're quite the nice young man [Y/N], and you make my daughter happy. Therefore, you have my blessing.

He says with a smile.

[Y/N] : Thank you sir, that means a lot to me.

Spellbinder : You're welcome [Y/N], now hurry up and propose. I can already feel myself fading back into the spirit world.

[Y/N] : Right.

He gets down on one knee and pulls out a ring.

[Y/N] : Hope, will you mar-

He's cut off by her tackling him into an affectionate hug.

Charmcaster : Yes! Absolutely yes! I love you so much [Y/N], and the fact that you made it possible to see my father again makes me love you even more! I want to spend the rest of my life with you [Y/N]!

The two share a passionate kiss before Spellbinder speaks up.

Spellbinder : It seems my time in this world is up. Hope, remember that I love you and will always be with you.

She nods with tears still in her eyes.

Spellbinder : [Y/N], take care of my daughter.

[Y/N] : I will sir, you can count on that.

Spellbinder nods approvingly as he begins fading away with a smile, eventually disappearing completely as the orb shatters.

Goodbye dad, I love you.

Hope looks down with a sad smile as she clings onto [Y/N] affectionately.

After a moment of silence, [Y/N] speaks up.

[Y/N] : So, did you enjoy your surprise?

She pulls away from him and looks at her fiancé with pure love emanating from her eyes.

Charmcaster : Yes, I really did. You are the best thing to ever happen to me [Y/N], and I know without a doubt that your the man for me. My love for you is boundless.

[Y/N] : I'm glad. I've been planning this for months, and now we are finally going to have our love eternalized. I love you Hope.

Charmcaster : And I love you [Y/N].

She and [Y/N] share another kiss while Spellbinder smiles as he watches the two from somewhere within the spirit world.