Change of Plans 44

A/N:

Why hello everyone :) I am in QUITE A WONDERFUL mood :) so I wrote two chapter for you today :) bahahaha hope you like them ;)

*******************************

CHAPTER 43 REVIEW!!

Amy's POV

The doctors moved away from the gurney and left me, Xavier and Mama with Hayden.

"It's okay baby." Mama soothed, rubbing Hayden's forehead and brushing her auburn curls back with her hand. "Just keep breathing." she went through the exercise again, and I convinced Xavier to do it with us.

We were all beginning to be calm when Mrs. Bottichelli burst through the door. "Is she okay?!" she squealed milliseconds after she walled through the door.

That's where Hayden gets her hyperness, I laughed, thinking about how insane her mother can be just as her mom ran over, rubbing her daughter's face and kissing her forehead.

The doctors appeared again and the one held a huge needle in one hand.

"Okay, she really needs to have this baby soon, so we are gonna give her the epidural and start pushing once the medicine kicks in, alright?" the one said, looking between her mother, Xavier, me, and Mama.

Mama stepped back a bit to give the doctors room and she began rubbing my back as soon as she stood behind me. "How are you doing Miss Amy?" she asked, massaging my shoulders now.

"At the moment, I'm doing perfectly fine." I laughed, smiling back at her.

"Well that's wonderful baby girl, cause we are gonna need some people in here with a positive attitude when she starts pushing."

We laughed quietly as the other doctors swarmed in, getting ready to give Hayden the epidural.

Her mom held her one hand while the ever faithful Xavier held the same hand from earlier, his hand now turned a little purple from not getting circulation.

The doctor holding the needle walked around to where he could insert the needle into her back while Xavier and her mom helped her sit up.

"Ready?" the doctor asked.

Hayden grunted and they took that as a yes, sticking the needle in quickly and pushing the liquid out as quickly as possible as Hayden screamed.

Xavier's face tightened as her grip became her life vest. Her mother had her back to me, but you could tell she was crying also.

The doctor holding the needle pulled it out quickly and Hayden's screams became whimpers.

"Very good job." the doctor said, walking around front again as Hayden was laid back down. "Okay, now what we're gonna do is hook you up to a heart monitor. This will watch your heart rate, as well as the baby's. Now there will be a heart rate pulsing throughout the room, but it won't be yours, it'll be the baby's. Does that sound good?" he asked, leaned down to eye level with Hayden.

She nodded, her face strained as she laid her head back against a very fluffed pillow.

Mama and I returned to Hayden's side as they hooked up all the monitors.

A screen beside the bed stuttered to life, showing two lines that pulsed together, in time with each other.

Suddenly, the pulsing filled the room and we heard Hayden's daughter's heart beat for the first time.

*******************************

CHAPTER 44

Hayden's POV