Change of Plans 35

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

hello! So I am sooooo happy about all the reads and comments and votes and fans I have been getting recently! ITS AMAZING! I love you all

*******************************

CHAPTER 34 REVIEW!!

Xavier's POV

She looked weak. The bags under her eyes made her look tired and stressed, but she was still beautiful.

I looked over her face and reached out and stroked her cheek, feeling her cold skin.

I turned away and stared at the clock hung on the wall nearby.

One twenty five, it read.

I sighed then turned back to her.

Leaning over, I gently kissed her nose and began to pull away, closing my eyes to conceal the tears.

When I opened ten up again, my eyes met another pair of eyes that looked up at me through slits.

The purplish gray color stunned me as I took in her eyes, falling in love all over again.

*******************************

CHAPTER 35

Hayden's POV

I awoke to a blinding white light. The sounds of the hospital becoming somewhat familiar.

All over, I ached. Flexing my fingers out, the pain made me clench my jaw.

I latched onto a fistful of scratchy sheets and let my hand relax.

Slowly, my eyes adjusted to the light in the room, but all the objects around me were still blobs of color, blurred by my watering eyes.

I felt a cool object slide down the side of my cheek and stop at my chin.

It reached up and ran a cold object over my lips, tracing them as if to commit them to memory.

The coolness lifted and I turned my eyes from the bed upward where they met another pair of eyes.

My vision cleared and I realized I was looking up into Xavier's eyes. They widened and I smiled but was hit by another shoot of pain, wiping the smile from my lips.

Cautiously, he leaned down and set a gently kiss on my forehead.

"Hi baby." he whispered, his mouth inches from my ear. "Welcome back." he reached out a hand and ever so gently ran his fingers across my stomach.

My lips parted, trying to speak, but my parched mouth and thick tongue restrained me from speaking. He smiled and set a finger on my lips. "Shh. It's alright baby. You're safe now." he whispered, stroking the side of my face again.

He ran his fingers down my jaw and smiled sweetly down at me.

The door opened and he moved a few inches away, putting some distance between us.

A doctor with balding hair walked in, taking me and Xavier's proximity in.

"She's awake?" he asked, surprised as he drew nearer to my bed.

"Yeah, she just woke up." Xavier said with a small smile.

He reached over to the bag hanging beside me and unhooked it. Another similar bag appeared, filled with an opaque liquid and he put the bag in the other one's place.

"Alright. That's a good sign." he said to Xavier. Turning to me he sat on a chair beside my bed, coming to my level. "So, Hayden. How do you feel?" he asked, laying a clipboard down on his lap.

I opened my lips again, attempting to speak, butt the words wouldn't come out.

He watched me intently for a moment then slapped his hand down on his thigh.

"Water." he said, smiling thoughtfully.

I nodded, noticing the pain in my neck as my head bobbed up and down, pushing my hair around all over the pillow as I lay on it's scratchy cover.

He got up and scurried over to a door by the open door of my room.

He emerged moment later, holding a cup out to me as he walked over.

"She's dehydrated." he said to Xavier, handing me the cup and returning to his seat.

I lifted my hand, feeling the pain sear across my chest as the muscles worked together to lift my arm.

Clenching my teeth, I reached out and grabbed the cup and guzzled the water.

"Feeling better?" the doctor asked, slouching down into his seat once again.

I simply nodded he looked down to his clipboard. "Where do we begin?" he mumbled, mostly to himself, but partially to us.

Xavier reached out for my hand and I cautiously gave it to him, giving him a warning glance.

He understood and held it gently, rubbing the back slowly and carefully.

"Hmm." the doctor mumbled to himself again then looked up from his clipboard finally. "Alright, simple questions first." he said with a smile.

We went through various random questions as to who the president was, what year it was. What my name was, where I was, who was Xavier?

Question after questions was fired at me and I roughly answered them, my throat sore as I spoke. I had been severely dehydrated, the doctor had told me.

But slowly, my voice cane back, after numerous cups of water.

The doctor ceased fire on the easy questions and got to the harder ones; asking me of hat I recall of that night.

I was asked to describe exactly, with as much detail as I could remember, what the room looked like. What the man looked like. What the gun looked like. And so on.

I answered them as beat as I could, not knowing much because it was been almost pitch black in the lobby.

The questioning went on for what seemed like hours until I was finally left to get some rest.

The doctor left, checking my IV and the heart monitors again before he left.

Xavier kissed me gently on the lips, avoiding a bruise in my cheek and below my nose.

"Bye baby. Get some rest." he leaned down and gently kissed the protruding of my stomach. "Bye other baby." he whispered, making me giggle.

I watched him go as I drifted into a much needed blissful sleep.