Change of Plans 43

A/N:

Sorry this isn't the delivery part yet! That will be up later :) hope you like this chapter!!!

COMMENT AND VOTE

love you all ;)

*******************************

CHAPTER 42 REVIEW!!

Xavier's POV

Suddenly the door opened and the security guard, along with Hayden's mom, stood out there with a wheelchair.

Tears streaked down Mrs. Bottichelli's face as well when I picked Hayden up and placed her in the wheelchair.

Amy followed me out, still holding onto Hayden's hand and we made our way out of the store.

The security guard caught up with us and put his radio back. "The ambulance is here, so we can go out right through the main entrance doors. Let's head this way." he directed me and I pushed the wheelchair toward the doors while the guard made a path for us as we ran.

Obviously making a spectacle, we would have been embarrassed, but everyone's attention was focused on Hayden and the baby.

It seemed like everyone in the mall stopped and stared as we ran down the busy hall. Mouths dropped open and people pointed as we ran toward the open doors.

Two paramedics were at the door with a stretcher and helped Hayden out of the wheelchair and into the back of the ambulance.

"Okay, we can probably fit you three in with us, but we need to get her to the hospital right now!" the one paramedic said.

I grabbed Mrs. Bottichelli's hand and helped her into the ambulance. Amy was seated next to Hayden, stroking her head and holding her hand. Letting her mother take the other seat next to her, I stood back and let the women take care of her as we sped out of the mall parking lot, sirens blaring, toward the hospital.

The baby was on her way!

*******************************

CHAPTER 43

Amy's POV

Never ever EVER had I seen my best friend in as much pain as I did now.

I felt useless as we were ushered down each pristine white hall of Roseville General Hospital.

The horrifying "hospital-smell" stunk of a mixture of overused cleaning supplies and fresh puke. The stench grew more and more overbearing as we raced further into the hospital; clinging to our clothes and remaining there even as we crossed through a set of double doors and into the crowded emergency room.

Heads whipped in our direction to find the source of te screaming.

A little bow sat on his mother's lap, holding his arm his while tears streamed down his face. I caught his eye and smiled at him, and he returned the smile as his mother wiped away his tears, hushing him as she rocked him back and forth.

An old woman clung to her husband's hand as he sat in a wheelchair, his eyes closed. Both of our faces were written with exhaustion and she silently sensed it, looking up at me and smiling.

A man seated on a rather stiff looking sofa met my gaze and smiled as the doctors pushed the gurney out another set of double doors into another bleak white hall.

All these people, so heartbroken and down-trodden were able to take the time to smile at an exhausted, crying teenager. The world must be better than people really say it is, I pondered until a nail dug into my palm, bringing me back to reality.