Change of Plans 45

A/N:

Hello there :) so just to let you know, there might only be one more chapter after this... IF I GET ENOUGH COMMENTS AND VOTES THERE WILL BE A SQUEL! :D so PLEASE comment and vote if you like this story

*******************************

CHAPTER 44 REVIEW!!

*Hayden's POV*

My eyes fluttered open and I took in my surroundings.

Mom and Mama sat in the two chairs that were against the far wall by the window.

Amy sat next to me, her hand still clasped in mine.

Searching the dark room, I realized Xavier wasn't there, and neither was dad.

I tried to move around but to my horror, my legs prevented me from moving much, as did my huge stomach.

Something felt off so I scanned the room again, but nothing seemed off.

Everyone was sleeping peacefully in the silent room, I thought.

I tried to push myself up on the bed again when I noticed Amy moving around.

Why would I randomly wake up? I wondered as I scoot up the bed as best as I could. I was only asleep for a few minutes I realized as I looked at the clock.

Amy sat up, stretching and then looking at me.

I looked just behind her and noticed a screen that was blinking red.

What was that for? I wondered as I yawned.

It hit me then.

The room was silent.

And so was the baby's heart.

*******************************

CHAPTER 45

Xavier's POV

The scream pierced my dream and brought me back to consciousness.

Why was it that you always dreamed of someone screaming? I wondered as I stretched, flexing my stiff muscles.

I leaned my head back against the wall again and closed my eyes for a second before the pounding sound of footsteps in the deathly silent hallway drove me off the floor.

I stumbled up and rubbed my eyes as I turned to look at the closed door to Hayden's room.

The footsteps stopped and I looked up, coming face to face with an exasperated doctor. He looked at me, breathing heavily.

"Who screamed?" he asked as he turned away and grabbed the door knob.

"What?" I asked, slightly confused.

The doctor ignored me and spun the knob, bursting into the room.

Hayden and Amy were at the bed, Hayden's face streaked with tears.

"What's going on?" I asked, but no one would look at me.

The doctor walked slowly over to a monitor beside the bed. He glanced over at Hayden and reached out to grab her wrist. "I'm sorry sweetie." he said, pain etched into his every feature as his eyes glazed over. "She's gone." he said.

It hit me then. The silence.

His words echoed in my mind, 'She's gone.' he had told her.

Her pulse pounding in my ears as I fell asleep.

It can't be, I thought. I rushed to Hayden's side as tears began streaking down my face.