Change of Plans 40

A/N:

Hello fans :) so I feel terrible that I haven't uploaded in forever! :( hope you like this chapter! :D

*******************************

CHAPTER 40

Hayden's POV

"Let's try this again." he laughed, getting on one knee again. "Hayden Alexis Bottichelli, will you marry me?" he asked, his entire face lighting up when I smiled.

Holding out my hand, I said, "I do." as a huge smile broke out on my face.

He slid the beautiful ring onto my finger and I admired the beautiful diamonds encrusted around the entire ring. The largest of the jewels was in the center, standing out from the others as it caught the sunlight, reflecting every color of the rainbow.

"It's beautiful." I whispered, as if talking would harm it's magnificent beauty.

"Just like you." he said, kissing my forehead.

He sat down in the window seat next to me and rested one arm around my shoulders while the other rested gently on our baby.

He caught me watching his arm across my belly and he smiled. "We're officially a family now." he smiled.

"Yeah," I said, still in a majestical daze, "I guess we are." I said, rubbing my hand across my baby as the three of us sat there in that window.

*******************************

CHAPTER 40

Xavier's POV

Hayden is huge.

Literally.

I'm not even joking.

She looks like she is going to burst at any minute!

And every morning, she asks the same question, 'Sweetie, does this make me look fat?'

What do I say to that?

Do I lie and tell her that she looks as skinny as a stick?

Or should I tell her that, sorry darling, but you look fat in everything because you ARE fat!

Why does life have to be so challenging?

I rubbed my temples, laying in bed still when I felt the bed creak. Rolling over, I saw Hayden attempting to get up.

I watched her intently for a while as she stood there, lifting one leg up, then the other and trying to hop up on the bed.

After a while, I spoke, startling her as she just about tumbled to the ground.

"Do you need some help baby?" I asked her.

She jumped and lost all the work she had been going at for the last few moments. She had been about halfway up when I asked if she needed help, and of course, she was startled.

She stumbled backward, but steadied herself again and went back to her previous mission of climbing on the bed.

After a moment, she seemed to remember something, and she looked up.

"Honey," she said, softly. One leg was propped up on the bed while her stomach stuck out, keeping her from moving at all. "I think I need help."

I tried to hold in my laughter as I scooted over toward her and pulled her up onto the bed.

"Thank you." she said, lying her back against the headboard. She closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the wall, resting her hands on her gigantic stomach.