Chapter 19

"Hey dad! Dad, look at this!"
"Yep, one second honey." Ivy's dad said while focusing on the computer screen that sat in front of him. "Shit! I lost again. Cmon, I gotta win this stupid game." He whispered to himself trying to keep his voice down so his daughter wouldn't be able to hear what he was saying. Ivonne stood with her arm outreached to display the painting she had made. Although it wasn't museum quality, she was still proud of it, and wished her father would look at it. He stared at the online casino with the number next to the dollar sign becoming increasingly more red and negative every time he pressed the "retry" button. Ivy continued to sit there for five more minutes before eventually walking away from her father who's dark circles under his eyes became darker.

She walked outside to her mom who was tending her garden and tapped her shoulder.
"Mom! Mom, look!"
She held out the painting once again, waiting for any response from her mother, but the only response she got was, "I knew we should've used protection."
"What does that mean?" Ten year old Ivy asked her.
"Oh, nothing nothing. I'm just talking about...the flowers." She smiled. "They're looking a little wilted."
"No they don't."
"Yes they do, now go away."

Young Ivy walked away from her mom and went to her room. She held the painting up in front of her and punched through the canvas with all the rage inside of her body. She smashed its wooden borders against the floor, leaving minor scuffs, as well as splinters of wood. She threw herself onto her bed, burying her face into the old pillow that was bought from a thrifting store. Ivy wished her dad would get off the website, and her mom would show her more attention, and understand that she's only ten and cannot do very much.

"So could you think of any time in your past when your parents showed you affection?"
"No. The exact opposite happened each and every my time." Tears began to flow from her eyes.
"So now that you know you don't really love me, could you potentially untie me?" Ivy grabbed the rope and loosened the knots, freeing Bella from her bed. "Now, leave my room and never talk to me again. You're lucky I didn't call the cops on you." Ivy left Bella's room, feeling different from before now that she knew what was causing her to act the way she had when she forced Bella to accept the actions Ivy performed on her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm saying it rn just cuz Ivy has trauma does not justify what she was doing with Bella but I do lowk feel bad for her parents didn't love her Fr
-S
And y'all we only have THREE MORE CHAPTERS 💔💔