31

It was the next morning and when Tatyana woke up she still felt like shit, she had a second before she remembered what her life was and reality quickly hit her after that.

Susannah, who was a mom to her, who was her caregiver for years had cancer and her biological mother had left her for good, everyone in the house was going through the blues right now but they all agreed to not let the last day of summer in cousins beach be a negative one.

Tatyana turned to face Steven who was fast asleep, he had no clue about what had happened with her mother and she didn't want to tell him, she didn't want to be an inconvenience to him.

So she got up silently let the tears flow, she didn't know how to cope with these things.. she always turned to weed and alcohol and she did not want to do that to herself anymore.

Steven being a light sleeper woke up to her sniffles and her quiet sobs, rubbing his eyes he turned to face her and immediately sat up to see what was wrong.

"Taty, it's ok" Steven whispered, his voice still raspy seeing as he had just woke up "what's on your mind?" he questioned pulling her into a hug "I'm okay, I can handle it by myself" she answered.

"Yet you don't have to, talk to me" he said hugging her tighter "everything is falling apart not just for me but for everyone," she hiccuped and the pitch of her voice heightened "Susannah has cancer, and my mom left for good, I really thought we were going to have a better relationship"

"When did she go?" Steven asked caressing her back "yesterday, she sent me a long text message saying she couldn't give me the motherly love I needed and that she wouldn't be coming back, I called her and she blocked me" Tatyana cried harder then before.

"Why does shit have to be like this" Steven shook his head pulling her closer "just let it out" he spoke to her gently "tell me everything is gonna be ok, tell me Susannah will be fine" she wrapped her arms around him.

"I can't, because then I would be lying to you" he sniffled, trying not to let the sadness get the best of him "Steven, I prayed and prayed about this, Susannah can't die, I need her, we need her it's not her time"

Steven let out a deep breath, he had no Idea what to say to Tatyana he was just happy she could have some kind of hope.

Who hurt you by Frank Ocean played from a speaker in the background as the teens gathered around the fishers pool enjoying their last day in cousins.

This was really it, the last day in cousins none of the kids knew who they would be seeing next year.. nothing was promised since last night but once again they all agreed to make it a good night, a night they wouldn't forget.

"I honestly had a great summer with you all, seriously" Tatyana said as she dipped her feet in the cold pool water "it was really unhinged but it was fun, I hope to see all your beautiful faces come next summer" she smiled as she downed the rest of her bitter alcohol in her cup.

"Aw Taty, don't make me cry" Nicole smiled as she swam around in the pool "oh I don't want to make you guys cry, we've done enough of that"

Tatyana watched all the teens she spent summer with enjoy themselves for the last time "Taty," Conrad sat down beside her "I'm sorry I didn't talk to you sooner," Conrad said "it's okay, I'm sorry I didn't check on you sooner.. when we get back to Boston I'll be keeping my eye on you" she smiled, pulling Conrad into a quick hug.

"We brought more snacks" Susannah smiled as she placed more bowls of candy and popcorn along with soda and juice on the table a couple feet away from the pool "thank you Susannah." the teens all thanked her.

"Jere, I feel like I haven't talked to you in so long" Tatyana expressed watching him swim up to her "I know, you excited to head back to Boston?" he questioned "not really but you know how it goes" she sighed "yeah."

"So, things are official with Steven?" Jeremiah asked "uh, they should be soon, how about you and belly?" she retorted "yeah uh, I don't think that's going to happen" he admitted.

"Why?"

"She's in love with my brother, and I think I'm in love with someone else.. she's kinda oblivious to it and she hasn't noticed it all summer," he laughed quietly, gazing over at Tatyana "Jere, no." she stopped him from even continuing.

this wasn't a feeling she wanted to get back into, not ever, she never wanted to explore the feeling she had for Jeremiah and she certainly wasn't going to start now
"Taty—"

"No, I'm sorry Jeremiah but no, you have to move on from me, it was a one night kind of thing" she gave him a glum smile "would it hurt to explore?" Jeremiah's hand inched closer to Tatyana's, placing his pinky a top of hers.

Tatyana looked down at their hands then over at Steven who was playing pool volleyball with Conrad, Belly and Nicole.

"Jeremiah, I can't do that to Steven.. I love him" she whispered placing her hands in her lap, she didn't want to think about a romance with Jeremiah, she knew she wanted Steven, she was so sure of it.

"I get it," he said getting up from the poolside "I'm sorry," she told him and he looked back at her "it's okay."

"I see that you're all packed, have you said your goodbyes" Steven asked "I said them all last night, I can't believe we're leaving" she anxiously spoke, clutching onto the necklace that Steven had gotten her for her birthday.

"I know, I'm gonna miss you," he pulled her into a hug, "I'm going to miss you, I almost forgot to do this" she pulled away.

"What is it?" he looked at her.

"Steven, I know I haven't been the most trustworthy person in your life but I'd like to make up for that," she paused just for a second "I want to be your girlfriend, will you please let me be your girlfriend?" she whispered knowing exactly what the answer would be.

"Yeah, you can be my girlfriend" he pulled her back into a hug, everything was hitting the both of them so much harder, the long distance thing would now be official.

They had to make it work, they would have to find time
for each other and work to maintain their relationship they both had faith they could make it work because they loved each other enough.

As Tatyana embraced Steven she stared at her reflection in the mirror, along with the polaroid picture that Steven had taken of the two a couple weeks ago, she got teary eyed.

"Promise me that even when you're all the way in new jersey  for princeton, we're going to stay together."

"I promise, baby."

Tatyana pulled Steven in for a quick kiss, but instead she found herself not wanting to let go of his face, she was caught up and didn't want to walk away from him just yet.

He kissed her deeply, the taste of her tongue was minty and he couldn't help but pull her closer than before, she pulled away for a second quickly closing the bedroom door.

"What are you doing?" Steven grinned "one more time before I leave." Tatyana pulled off her t-shirt pulling Steven back into a kiss, goodbyes that lasted longer than they should've.

-
act one all doneeeeeee😁😁😁
i hope u guys enjoyed, just get
ready for steven and taty to be in
their toxic toxic brent faiyaz era<333