22

Tatyana woke up wrapped in Steven's arms, one hand clutching onto the t-shirt he was wearing while the other rested around his shoulder. Cool breeze sifting through the room as she cuddled up under him, she looked up at him a soft smile sneaking across her face as she stared at him fast asleep or so she thought.

She kicked her leg overtop of his placing a soft kiss on his cheek, cherishing this moment she finally had him back after messing up so many times.

"You're so cute when you sleep" she whispered to herself placing another kiss accept on his forehead leading to her decorating his face with kisses seeing as she couldn't help herself.

Steven moved his face to the side, his eyes fluttering open and his gaze met hers "good morning to you too" he smiled tiredly running his fingers through Taty's not perfectly straight but straight hair "I'm sorry I kissed you once while you were sleep and then I couldn't stop" she sighed then climbing on top of him.

"I could use some more of that" he rubbed his eyes before grabbing onto her face pulling her back into a kiss "well if you want more morning breath who am I to say no" she mumbled into the kiss earning a chuckle from Steven.

"How'd you sleep?" she questioned pulling away suddenly "I slept good, come here" Steven quickly responded pulling her back in.

"I slept good too, thank you for asking" Tatyana sarcastically spoke pulling away, placing one last kiss on his forehead, Steven sighed pulling Tatyana's whole leg back over his, placing a playful slap on her thigh to keep it there.

"Are you feeling any better from last night?"

"Um.. I don't know and I don't want to talk about it" she shook her head then resting it in the crook of his neck "that's okay, just know I'm here" he said softly, hoping she would feel in the slightest bit better "I know and thank you, thank you for being here.. even after everything I did" She mumbled into the crook of his neck holding him closer.

"Taty you don't have to thank me, after all the shit
we've been through these past few summers," Steven paused for a second trying to find words to say.

"I realized that I love you too much too let you go so easily"

Tatyana looked up, her grip around him loosened up and a puzzling look crossed her face "Steven—"

"You don't have to say it back, I just thought you should know how I feel" He caressed her shoulder, the look of confusion quickly left and she pulled him back "Steven, you make me really happy" she ran her fingers through his hair placing her lips a top of his for a quick kiss that lasted longer than intended.

Interrupting the two was a knock at the door followed by it opening "Taty—"

"Why do I always walk in on you guys doing shit I don't want to see" Isabel sighed recalling July 4th.

"Sorry" Tatyana whispered squirming out of Steven's arms and kicking the sheets off her legs "what do you need belly?" Tatyana questioned as she stood in front of belly.

"Susannah wanted me to come see if you wanted some breakfast," She smiled as the scent of waffles and strawberries lingered in the area.

"Of course I do" she looked at Steven who was standing behind her "me too" he chimed in.

"Didn't ask you," his younger sister rolled her eyes "let's go Taty" Belly grabbed her hand leading her downstairs "shut up Belly" Steven responded following behind the two.

Tatyana took a seat at the table and noticed how much nicer everyone was being to her, she didn't like it when people treated her differently from others because of her situation.

She watched as Susannah placed a plate of pancakes and scrambled eggs on her table mat, her eyes falling down to the plate of food, picking up the bottle of syrup and pouring it all over her pancakes but for a minute she forgot what she was doing causing it to overflow.

"Jeez save some for me" Jeremiah joked sticking his hand out for the bottle "Ha, you guys know I love my syrup" Tatyana spoke the sarcasm not going unnoticed and the table went silent for a bit.

Everyone was sat at the table eating with each other but it was so silent you could say they were eating amongst themselves, Tatyana felt ample to break the silence but there was nothing to say.

She felt a nudge at her foot looking up to see Susannah sitting right in front of her mouthing "You okay?" the concerned look on her face was there.

Tatyana nodded, her gaze shifting to the wall where scratches still appeared from the glass her mom had
thrown at her.

"I'll wash up the plates," Tatyana offered picking up everyone's empty plates from in front of them "thank you for breakfast Susannah"

"of course"

Tatyana set all the plates behind the sink, turning on the pipe and setting it to a warm temperature, everyone accept Susannah and Laurel had already made their way out back to relax in the pool like how they had planned a couple hours ago.

Susannah walked over to stand behind the counter "Taty, what do you think about going to get somethings from of yours at the house after me and Laurel come back from the country club?"

Tatyana grimaced, the thought of going back home while her mom was there was upsetting although last night wasn't the first time her mom lashed out. Tatyana was only seven the first time her mom had did something like that, it was safe to say she had issues.

"Um, yeah I guess" an uneasy smile was present on her face "If you don't want to, you don't have to" Laurel chimed in "No it's okay, I'll be ok.. you guys will be there right?"

"Of course we will, besides we won't be back for a while
so why don't you just go outside, calm your nerves, leave the dishes I'll do them later on," Susannah patted her on the back both her and Laurel pulling her into a loving hug.

Tatyana sat down on the beach chair placed by the pool watching the rest of them splash each other, due to the stitches on her legs she couldn't really go swimming but she was ok with that.

She had a bag of edible sour patch kids that she had found in the way back of the pantry a couple months ago keeping her occupied and a bucket hat placed on her head blocking the sun from her eyes.

She smiled watching Steven walk over to her with a towel around his shoulders, looking as though he was about done in the pool "what are you eating?" he questioned holding out his hand.

"Edibles, from the pantry"

"What.."

He grabbed the bag looking at the packaging "where did you find this" he chuckled.

"In the pantry, remember you told me where they were" she smiled handing him one as well "let me see your eyes" he said gently grabbing her chin turning her head to his.

"You're an idiot" he shook his head at her a dumb smile on his face "here have some" she shoved the bag in his hands before laying back pulling her sunglasses over her eyes and adjusting the bucket hat on her head.

-
kinda filler but there's only nine chaps lefttt😻