11

"Did you just get here" A hungover Belly questioned watching Tatyana sit down at the table "I didn't even go home I fell asleep on then couch," she yawned "You're making me breakfast?"

"You have food at home" Belly shook her head at the girl as she cracked an egg in the bowl "You think I wanna eat breakfast with my mom?" She rolled her eyes "When do you think she's leaving again?"

"With my birthday coming up she's definitely leaving soon, you know she never fails to miss my birthday" she murmured rubbing her forehead "You don't think she's gonna be here for your birthday?" Belly gave her an apologetic smile.

"No and I don't want her there.. She never comes anyway," she shrugged "Are you at least excited for your birthday?" Belly questioned "I guess? Hopefully I don't cry" Tatyana let out a dry laugh "You're not going to cry, and it's gonna be fun"

"I hope so"

"Good morning girls!" Taylor walked into the kitchen catching Tatyana by surprise "Taylor! What are you doing here?" She jumped up from her seat pulling the girl into a hug "I couldn't miss your birthday" Taylor pulled away from the hug.

"I'm so happy you're here," She sat back down at the table "So when did you get here?" Tatyana asked "During the fireworks, but you were down by the pier"

Tatyana was hoping that Taylor didn't see her and Steven down there, if she did once she brought it up she would never shut up about it.

"Oh, um I was just watching the fireworks you know"

"Yeah, fireworks huh?" Taylor smirked leaning back into her seat, giving her confirmation that she knew, Tatyana bit the inside of her cheek "You guys wanna go down to the pool later?" She attempted to change the subject.

"Can I invite some of the deb girls?" Belly asked, Tatyana looked up at the ceiling taking a moment to think about it "Is what's her name.. Kayla, Is Kayla gonna be there?" Tatyana asked recalling her newfound jealously of Shayla.

"You mean Shayla, and I don't think so" Belly corrected her "Ok sure I guess" Tatyana replied a bit unsure.

Belly poured the eggs she had just whisked into the pan "Belly? Cooking? Never thought I'd see the day" Steven spoke in a Sarcastic tone as he walked into the Kitchen "Hey Steven" Taylor greeted, chuckling at his comment.

"That's why you're not getting any" Isabel chided giving her older brother a dirty look "I don't want any of your nasty food Belly" He replied earning a middle finger from her "Hi Taylor," Steven said to Taylor as he sat down beside Tatyana "Hey Tatyana"

"Hey, what's with the uniform?" She stared over at him "I'm working at the snack bar"

"No.. I can't wait to see how stupid you look in a hair net" Tatyana laughed just at the thought of it "Ridiculous, ridiculous is how he's gonna look" Belly chimed in "Which one of us is getting money, me or you" Steven emphasized his last three words "Okay, you make a good point" Tatyana admitted, watching Taylor get up to make her way to the bathroom.

"You should come see me at the snack bar" Steven shot her a smirky smile, gently grabbing onto her hand "Maybe" Tatyana interlocked her fingers with his, He leaned in closer pecking her on the lips like it was a habit "I know you guys just got together and are all lovey dovey but get a room, and don't do that in front of me" she huffed, giving them both a look of disgust.

"We're not together" Tatyana scarcely spoke glancing over at Belly "Whatever just, ew" Belly rolled her eyes, getting on her tippy toes to grab plates from the cabinets "Don't be jealous that Conrad's not-" Steven shrugged "Steven! I think it's time to for you to leave, I'll walk you out" Tatyana cut him off, she grabbed his hand dragging him outside.

"I thought you guys said Shayla wasn't coming.." Tatyana furrowed her eyebrows watching Shayla and Steven have a full on conversation "I don't know I guess she changed her mind" Nicole shrugged pulling her pink towel out of her bag.

"What's your issue with her anyway?" Belly whispered quietly so Gigi and Nicole wouldn't hear "I have no issue with her" yes she did, even though she didn't have any reason to other than Shayla getting Gigi to interrogate her about Steven, everyone knew Shayla was a sweet girl, Tatyana was just the jealous type and was definitely intimidated by Shayla.

"So will you behave" Belly said as she sat down on the lounge chair "I didn't do anything I just asked a question," She sighed "When did Shayla and Steven even become friends?" Tatyana quietly asked sliding her heart shaped sunglasses over her eyes so it wouldn't be so obvious that she was eyeing Shayla.

"Ask Steven" Belly responded.

"You're so jealous" Taylor chimed in "I'm not jealous.."  Tatyana rolled her eyes "Be honest with us and yourself" Taylor chuckled, Tatyana slipped her pink crocs back on "Where are you going?" Belly asked "To get a snack from the snack bar"

"If you're going to see what they're talking about just say that" Belly said referring to Steven and Shayla "Fine, I'm going to see what they're talking about" She shrugged beginning to walk off in the direction of the snack bar.

"Hey" Tatyana greeted the two interrupting their conversation "Hi Tatyana" Shayla smiled watching her sit down on the stool in front of the snack bar "So what are we talking about" Tatyana asked tapping her manicured nails against the counter "Oh, nothing just catching up, nice to see you Tatyana" Shayla answered pulling her hair down from the ponytail it was in before walking off.

"Since when did you two start talking?" Tatyana questioned staring up at Steven "Since the bonfire" he responded "Oh okay, I didn't think you guys talked that much, that's your friend?" she let out a dry laugh "Yeah, why?"

"So what were you guys talking about" Tatyana asked disregarding his question with hers "She was just about to ask me something about that debutante thing.. she asked me to take her" Steven explained "And you said no, right?"

"Uh"

"Steven, you said no, right?" She repeated but instead she exaggerated it this time "Not exactly" he replied avoiding eye contact "So what you're taking her?"

"I don't know, I'd feel bad if I said no she's going through a lot right now and I think it'll really make her feel better"

Tatyana couldn't even hide the dull look that crept across her face "Sorry I just- I just don't understand why that's your problem she can find someone else to take her"

"Why are you even mad, me and you aren't even together so why does it bother you" Steven told her "Oh okay," she paused for a second, yes, she did say that but it's not like she meant it, she wanted to be with him she just wanted to take things slower.

"Yeah you're right we're not together, but I did think we could've been together at some point" She shrugged it off as if she wasn't frustrated "I think we can too, it's just that we're not exclusive so what's your problem" he replied but quickly regretted it when she laughed, not because she thought anything was funny but because she was getting upset.

One thing about Tatyana was that she got silent when she was aggravated, she wouldn't yell, or go off on people she'd just laugh and pretend she didn't care, her calmness in a situation that should've had her upset was quite intimidating to others.

"You know what, it's cool forget about us or whatever this was" Tatyana took a long pause "You can be with Shayla, I don't even care"

Tatyana cared more than anything and so did Steven, but it was fair to assume that she wouldn't have an issue if they were exclusive or not because the last time they were in relations or whatever you wanted to call it, she'd talk to other guys including the guy she practically ditched Steven for and used the excuse that they weren't together, and that they weren't exclusive.

"You don't care?" Steven questioned "Not at all" she lied, getting up from her seat walking back over to the lounge chairs by the pool.

-
this is unedited so if i made any mistakes🌚
anyway, tysm for 11k🤞🏽 next chapter there's gonna be some new names but i'm not gonna add fc's for them

someone's getting dragged next chap i think!! 🤨