𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 - 𝘬𝘢𝘮𝘪 𝘱𝘰𝘷

- Kami POV -

The drive home was hell, I completely forgot about the traffic during rush hour but we made it back to UA safe and sound. While walking side by side, I couldn't help but feel kinda sad.

"Man~ I don't want to go back! I wish the day didn't have to end" I whine as she giggles.

"Me too" she mumbles under her breath, whether she tried to hide it or not, it made me happy hearing that, "Hey Denki?" She calls my name as I hum in response but really my hearts been pounding since we drove to the overlooking spot Sero suggested, "thank you for comforting me yesterday and bringing me to see the sunset today, I had fun" she smiles at me, her smile could even compete with the moon at how bright it shines in the night, "oh that reminds me, your hoodie" she begins to take off one sleeve but I pull it back up her shoulder.

"It's okay, keep it, I wouldn't want you to get cold, you're uncle would probably kill me" nervously smiling at the thought of her uncle, "I'm just glad I could help! We should go out again" my eyes widen realising what I just said, "like as friends not a date or anything" another nervous laugh escapes my lips — why am I like this !?

"I'd like that" she replies calming my nerves as I felt that same warm fuzzy feeling. She stops as I look at her opening the door — we're already here? I should've walked slower..

Immediately everyone surrounds her as I'm left in the background. This must be what the second male lead feels seeing the girl he wants but can't have — wait, what am I saying!? She's just a friend, I should stop comparing our situation to a drama.

I shake my head and slip through the crowd making my way back to my room.

What's wrong with me?

A few moments after laying back down on my bed overthinking every situation that happened the past day, Sero knocks and walks in to sit on my desk chair.

"So how's everything bro? How's you?" Sero asks secretly wanting to get information if his little nudge worked at all.

"I don't know" the only thing I could say, "confused" I let out a deep sigh pushing myself to sit up from my bed.

"I have a joint? It could help you say what you want to get off your chest" he shrugs which I agreed to, maybe it'll help.

After a few passes back and forth my mind was in a sweet calming hazy spot.

"Did it help?" Sero asks as I nod grabbing my pillow and hugging it while lying back down on my bed.

"Last night and today was perfect. I didn't want it to end" I sigh

"Really? What happened?" Sero leans back in the desk chair

"Well when we got to Edgeshot apartment she was crying and we hugged. Then when we got to the hospital, we held hands and fell asleep on the tiny sofa. After we went to that spot you suggested and I asked her to be my tutor but before that.. I did a stupid thing" I let out muffled groan into my pillow, holding it as I toss back and forth.

"What.. did you do?" Sero hesitantly asks as his brows knit together

"She had a brain freeze and she had some ice cream left on the corner of his lips. Next thing I knew I just went to brush it off with my thumb and since we didn't have tissues I licked it off but-" I sit up and lean against my wall, hugging the pillow for comfort, "that means we kissed right?" I mumble

"I wouldn't count indirect kisses as a kiss" Sero let out his advice chill as always, "but how do you feel about y/n after everything that's happened?"

"I don't know. I don't think I've felt this confused before" I sigh

"Could it be that you like her?" Sero asks as my ears perk up

"Of course I like her! We're friends!" I explain to Sero who didn't seem to buy it.

"I mean more than a friend" instantly I blush at the thought of being more than a friend. I do see her as woman but not the one who she ends up with, I'm just a second male lead and she likes Bakugo.

"No we're just friends Sero plus it's be weird if I want to date her, we've only talked twice"

"And yet you've done couple things with her like holding her hand, comforting her taking her out on a date.. but you do you, no rush" Sero explains but it was all true.

Even the first time we properly talked, I already know her secrets and today we did all that.. "I was just being a good friend, I'd do the same to anyone" Sero only hums at my responses, "we're just friends bro that's it"

right?

we're just friends

***

bonus: Kami's Tweets 🐣

author note: I'll be editing the past chapters but it won't be enough to change the story, just spelling mistakes and trying to add some details like imagery (?)