𝙤𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙧

The doorbell rings with your Uncle Shinya Kamihara who just finished his duties as pro hero Edgeshot.

"Uncle!!" You hug him tightly as he deeply chuckles embracing you. Although it's been years, your uncle has been the one to always look out for you as if you were his own daughter. He became the father figure in your life and the person you looked up to the most. The reason for studying hard to be a hero was all because of him.

Eventually you start eating dinner, it was usually just you and your mother but it was nice having the extra company especially since you haven't seen your uncle much.

"Honey, what do you think about moving to the US?" Your mother suddenly blurts out in the middle of dinner.

"What'd you mean? Move?" You freeze and repeat the question hoping you heard her wrong.

"I just recently got a new good job opportunity plus the pay would be better and I'm sure you'll get into a good university and make more friends!" She smiles

She repeats the same narrative you've heard over and over like a broken record. It was always this way, you'd never stay in one place too long. First it was leaving your childhood town, moving to the other side of Japan before leaving the country all together. Hell it's barely even been six months since you've moved back to the country with the promise that you could finally settle. It was tiring.

"Do I have a choice?" Your tone came off more harsh and sarcastic than you would've hoped.

"I know it's hard for you but-" she rambled the same script once more as you stand up from the dinner table.

"I'm done eating, I'll be in my room doing homework so please don't disturb me" with that you walk upstairs leaving the pair downstairs.

Your mother sighs in defeat looking at her brother with any sort of advice.

"When are you planning to move?" He asks taking the last bite of his food.

"In two weeks"

Edgeshot sighs, "you understand where she's coming from right?" He asks your mother as she nods in response, "if she wants to stay in the country then I can look after her"

"How? You're always on your hero missions" your mother interjects

"And you're always at work" he retaliated, "she currently goes to Shiketsu right?" your mother nods, "I can put a letter of recommendation for UA, they're on par with Shiketsu. I'm sure they'll accept her, they have on campus dorms so she'll have a better chance at bonding and making friends plus it's closer to my work so I can visit her during weekends"

***

After storming away you lie in your bed staring at the ceiling.

You understand your mother works to provide for you ever since your father abandoned you and you would always accept what happens but its tiring. The cycle repeats. making friends, forming relationships only to disappear after a couple of months.

At this point the only solid person you have is pikachuu. It's been four months since you've played together everyday and it's almost a routine after finishing studying you'd go online and play until the morning.

Knock knock

"y/n it's me" your uncle calls from the other side of the door. One thing you love about him is that he actually respects your privacy rather than barging in like your mother.

"Come in" pulling yourself to sit up on the edge of your bed while your uncle walks in and sits beside you.

"Me and your mother have been talking, if you want to stay in Japan you can live with me" he explains

"Until when?" you ask feeling doubt, for all you know you'll only stay with him for a week or two until your mother has processed all the paperwork to leave.

"Until you graduate university and then you can do whatever you want" he continues, "I know that either way you have to move schools and restart but this way is more permanent and I can be close enough to visit and keep an eye on you" He looks at you sympathetically, "I'll be back next week for dinner so it'll give you time to think about it" he smiles patting your head before leaving and closing the door behind him.

His offer was the more ideal option considering you don't know how long you'll stay in the US before moving once more. You sigh not wanting to think anymore opening the gaming app.

𝙥𝙞𝙠𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙪𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙣𝙫𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙠

without hesitation you enter the lobby.

𝙥𝙞𝙠𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙪𝙪: 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘣𝘳𝘰 ~ 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘯!?

you weren't quite sure at which point you ended up calling each other 'bro' yet here we are.

𝙮𝙤𝙪: 𝘨

This the endless games begin. One after another you kept messing up your timing to use retribution in order to slay the turtle and steal the lord causing your team to lose consecutively. You sigh feeling even more frustrated. Maybe I should call it a night.

𝙮𝙤𝙪: 𝘨𝘨𝘸𝘱 𝘱𝘪𝘬𝘢𝘣𝘳𝘰
𝙮𝙤𝙪: 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘐 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱

𝙥𝙞𝙠𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙪𝙪: 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘰𝘣𝘳𝘰 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘰𝘬𝘢𝘺!
𝙥𝙞𝙠𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙪𝙪: 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 :)

author note: welcome! I hope you enjoy reading 🫶🏽