CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO

PARASOMNIA

"I'm not your friend, or anything, damn

"I'm not your friend, or anything, damn."
---

The following morning, I follow behind Stiles, who wants to make a quick stop at the station to implore his father to do a background check on Theo and his parents. I have to admit, I definitely think it is strange that Theo is suddenly back after such a long time, however there is a small chance that it's just the way the tide rolls.

What's strange to me is that he says he came back just to join Scott's pack.

We follow Noah through the station, down the back toward his office. "I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten," Stiles is telling his dad as he closes the door behind me. "His older sister died in an accident when he was eight."

"Please, go to school," Noah pleads tiredly.

"Dad, this kid's a werewolf!" Stiles exclaims.

I knit my brow at his exclamation, tilting my head at him as Noah states, "Your best friend is a werewolf! You are dating a banshee. I still don't know what Kira's supposed to be." I chuckle under my breath, shaking my head. Somehow, kitsunes were always the hardest to grasp. "When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then? Just go to school."

"He has a point, Stiles," I pipe up. "But the thing is, Theo being a werewolf isn't the only thing making him suspicious."

Stiles glances at me, but then his gaze quickly swings toward his father, eyes narrowing suspiciously. "What did you do?" he questions accusingly.

"What?" Noah asks, tone laced with confusion. "What do you mean, what did I do?"

I raise an eyebrow in confusion as well as Stiles continues looking his father up and down, muttering, "There's something different about you."

"What are you talking about?" Noah questions with an irritated sigh.

Stepping forward, and invading his father's personal space, Stiles continues to pound his seemingly innocent father with questions, "What is it? What's different?"

"For the love of God, Stiles, just go to school!" Noah exclaims, pushing his son away. "Both of you, go to school."

I lay my hand on Stiles' arm, trying to pull him away from his father completely. I'm not sure what that was about, but he's definitely suspicious of something.

Don't need to feel his energy to understand that one.

"I will go if you promise to do a full background check of the Raekens," Stiles offers and I exhale through my nose, closing my eyes.

"No," Noah scolds in a low voice. He settles his hands on his hips, eyes shifting between Stiles and me. "You know what? Just because I'm the only law enforcement officer who knows anything about this does not make it my responsibility to do something every time you have a minor suspicion!"