CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

DE-VOID

"Every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you

"Every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you."
---

"You want to handcuff me?" I hear Void ask, and it sounds just like Stiles that it makes me want to believe that Stiles is still in control, even when he's clearly not.

"If my son is still here," Noah starts to say. "If there's a part of him standing here in front of me, then he'll put these on willingly and he'll come with me. Because he knows I'm here to protect him, from himself and from others." I don't hear anything for a few minutes except the snap of the handcuffs around wrists, and I can't see anything from where I am either. A few minutes later, heartbreaking words escape Noah's mouth. "You're not my son."

Metal clangs to the ground, and Argent, Allison, and Derek take that as their cue to go into the loft. I follow behind, still armed with a taser like Allison, the Chinese ring daggers that she gave me earlier in my bag, but not very confident in my ability to use them still. I stay next to Allison, who raises her taser in her hand as she walks up to Void and pulls the trigger on it, aiming at Void. He raises his hands, snatching the electricity emitting from the device. My eyes widen as the device is yanked out of Allison's hands and tossed to the other side of the room, slamming into the wall, breaking into different pieces.

I raise my own taser, pulling the trigger on it. Electricity shoots out of the nozzle and Void catches it like I figured he would, but instead of using his strength to pull the taser out of my hand, he yanks it toward himself like a rope, and in my surprise, I go soaring toward him. His hands settle around my waist, his nose pressed to the side of my face.

Too close for comfort there, buddy.

"If you could hear him now," Void chuckles darkly, his hands gripping my waist tighter. I try to calm my shaking breaths, keeping my gaze away from him.

I know if I look at him, I won't see Stiles, but that's exactly the problem.

I won't see Stiles and I'm afraid I'll never see him again.

Derek roars from behind me, bearing his fangs as he lunges for Void. He simply pushes me off to the side, where I stumble but regain my balance, breathing out roughly at being that close to him as I stand next to Allison again, who gives me a look as if to ask if I'm okay.

Loaded question, Allison.

Void wraps his hand around Derek's arm without even flinching, twists it, and shoves him into a table before shoving him into one of the posts. Argent cocks his gun, gaining Void's attention, and he merely looks at Argent, unafraid.

Noah raises his hand, obviously worried about what Argent might do. "Argent, listen to me," he pleads. "Don't do this."

"Why not?" Argent asks, gaze never leaving Void's. "I've done it before. Werewolves, Berserkers – I can easily add a Nogitsune to the list."