A Brother to Another

Dolly was still going around Camden, trying to find Dante. Though she wanted to use the World Wide Wolf, she feared Dante would flee from the area if everyone was alert about him running off. It was best to try to be stealthy and use it as a last resort. She stopped by the park first surveyed the area for any signs he's been there.

"Bro where are you?" Dolly muttered to herself.

"Dolly!"

Dolly turned her head and saw Doug and Delilah running up to her.

"Mom, Dad?" Dolly questioned.

"Listen we know what you said." Doug said.

"But we need to help look for him, especially since we caused this. This isn't on you to fix. He needs to know how much we love him." Delilah finished.

Dolly felt uneasy, not sure how Dante would react if he saw them. But she could see they were determined, and with it dark out, another set of eyes might be good.

"A-Alright." Dolly said.

She continued on, with Doug and Delilah following her, also keeping their eyes around everything for any hints of Dante.

"D-Dolly, I have to ask. Is it true that Dante really is in love with this girl, Elvira?" Delilah asked, still running.

Dolly worried answering that might make them feel worse, but at the same time they needed to know.

"More than you realize. She's really changed him, and she's very important to him. Dante is the happiest I've ever seen him in forever whenever he's with her. Trust me, she's not what you expect. She might be goth, but she's full of life." Dolly answered.

Doug and Delilah looked at each other, a bit guilty but now even more determined to find Dante, and make things right.

Back at the canal, Dante was now in the presence of Juday, who had found him here unexpectedly. Juday had his skateboard underneath him and jumped off, leaning it against the bench that Dante was laying on.

"Juday? What are you doing here?" Dante asked.

"Well I was just out taking a night skate for a bit, then heard some yelling in the distance, could tell it was you, and I could hear Portia a bit as well." Juday explained.

He looked at Dante's reddish eyes from his crying.

"I don't think you need to explained to me what happened. Your parents found out." Juday finished.

Dante just looked away, scared to look Juday in the eye, in fear what he was gonna say. Was Juday disappointed in him for not being able to keep his relationship with Elvira a secret? Juday's ever near constant lack of emotions and body signals made it difficult to tell.

However to his surprise, Juday climbed up on the bench and laid next to him. Dante looked back at him, and could tell Juday was waiting for him to speak.

"I......I'm sorry." Dante said.

"Why you apologizing to me?" Juday said.

"I.....I don't know. My dad and step-mom said I couldn't......see her anymore. I...know I should tell her....but I can't bear to break her heart. Between that and getting so angry with them.....I wanted to run away.....back to America.....almost did." Dante admitted.

"So why didn't you?" Juday asked.

Dante sighed.

"Because.....she deserves to know, and besides that. All my brothers and sisters, I can't just leave them. Sure my oldest brother and sister have been taking care of them mostly for a long time now, but it's a lot of work. If I leave, what would happen to my family? When I almost was ready-"