Music Nerds

A couple days had went by and Dante was doing more and more around the house. Playing with his siblings and improving his skills slowly but surely at maintaining the house. It made Dolly and Dylan feel proud, while also feeling like they had less to concern about with an extra set of paws, but in the end, they were just happy to see their brother happy himself, trying to put a better effort in keeping his paranoia in check and trying to be more positive.

After breakfast, Doug and Delilah prepared themselves for work.

"We'll be back before dinner ok loves?" Delilah said.

Dolly and Dylan were at the door, ready to see off their parents.

"Bye you two." Dolly said.

"We'll keep everything in order until you get back." Dylan added. "Love you guys."

"We love you!" Doug said, hugging them both tightly. "Also I need hugs from everyon-"

"Hugs, hugs, hugs!" The pups yelled, quickly dog piling their dad, including Dolly and Dylan.

"Dad at least wait until we move!" Dylan yelled.

Delilah however managed as usual to dodge out of the way, giggling as she watched her husband and oldest children try to get out of the pile. She noticed suddenly from behind Dante watching the chaos with a small smile. He then looked up to see Delilah coming up to him, smiling warmly at him.

"Have a good day today." Delilah said.

She pulled Dante into a hug. Dante had been only been tolerating Delilah over the past weeks, before not being able to even look at her without being angry, and hardly hiding it. He practically had resented any time she was in his space, especially if she hugged him. But now he no longer felt anger, instead having now been replaced with feelings of being unsure about how he felt towards her. He could see Dolly emerging from the puppy pile, giving him a look of encouragement. He looked up at Delilah as she embraced him.

Maybe it was time to try to move forward.

Though feeling a bit awkward, he wrapped his arms around his step-mother. Delilah opened her eyes widely in surprise and joy. It was like a miracle; one that gave her so much hope. She kissed Dante on the head and walked towards the door, smiling back at her step-son. Doug had finally freed himself from the pups, but the moment hadn't escaped his eyes. He felt moved to tears.

"Love you all." Doug said.

After they had left and the pups had dispersed, Dante met DJ in the living room, with his new guitar.

"Alright let's go meet Elvira." Dante said.

"Really can't wait to try this out." DJ said.

Meanwhile in the neighborhood, Doug and Delilah were walking to their respective jobs, both in high spirits.

"I'm so happy to see Dante's mood improving, especially towards us. It feels it's been forever since he's been truly happy." Doug said.

"I know. I was beginning to have my doubts about forcing him to give up his goth interests, but it seems to be working now. Maybe he's finally beginning to understand." Delilah said.