End of The World

"You know we are aware, don't you? So you have been sneaking around behind our backs to see this goth girl, even though I told you no more goth stuff." Delilah scolded.

Dante was still trying to process over what was happening, and he couldn't get his words to come out.

"Mom please." Dolly stepped.

"Dolly not now. You two knew about this and kept it hidden." Delilah said.

"W-We were just trying to help him." Dolly continued.

"By letting him get near goth stuff? How is that helpful for him? It's unhealthy and why he was so anxious to begin with." Delilah tried to remind them.

"But." Dolly said.

"Enough." Delilah cut her off.

"H-How did you find out?" Dante finally finding his words.

"Never-mind that Dante, but we do have a few photos with you and her." Delilah said.

Dante couldn't understand how they could have gotten that, nobody here in his family that knew would have just told them or even taken a photo of him with her. Who else knew would have told them that knew of his relationship with her.

A sudden thought came, one that began a spark  of anger in his heart

Portia.

"Son please answer us." Doug said, trying a more gentle approach.

Dante knew he had to try to stay calm.

"But I haven't been looking at any goth stuff? I mean yeah I've been hanging out with her, but we haven't done anything goth related." Dante tried to explain.

"And you expect us to believe that? We even have a picture with you and her; how long have you been hanging out with her?" Delilah asked.

Dante gulped, really tempted to bite his tongue. He knew what he was gonna say wouldn't help his case in any way.

"I met her the day before Portia's party that night." Dante confessed.

"So really around the time we told you no more gothic activity." Delilah pointed out.

Dante looked down, feeling his body getting tense. He tried to do deep breaths to calm his nerves, but it failed to work. Again he wasn't being heard, just brushed off.

"Dante I know you didn't like having to get rid of your stuff, but it wasn't good for you?" Doug tried to remind him.

"You don't understand, please just listen to me!" Dante's voice began to rise.

The commotion was drawing the rest of the pups out from the bedroom, both out of curiosity and worry as the tension filled the air. Slowly the pups edged their way down the stairs slowly, the older dogs not paying attention.

"Dante there isn't anything to understand or talk about." Delilah assumed.

"He's not lying." Dolly yelled.

"Dolly please, we'll take care of this." Doug said.

Dolly growled a bit underneath her breath. She could see Dante growing more agitated as he was accused. She knew she needed to get involved, but she wasn't sure how to best approach this.

"You told me I wasn't allowed near Portia or goth stuff, you never said I couldn't be around other goths in general." Dante pointed out.

"That may be true Dante, but why would you make a point of hiding this girl from us if you weren't doing anything you weren't suppose to." Delilah asked.