Forbidden Territory

The late afternoon was drawing near and Dolly and Dylan were returning home with tired pups after a long day at the park.

"Dawkins, Dante, we're back!" Dolly called out.

"Ah you're back finally, we got Dante's stuff cleared up here." Dawkins said, peeking his head from the attic door.

"That's good, I noticed the bags. I'll be up there in a bit, let me help Dolly get the pups settled for a movie." Dylan said.

While this was going on one pup slipped away, it was Deepak.

He made his way to the bedroom where he saw Dante lying in the corner, sad and facing the wall.

"Dante?" Deepak said.

Dante turned his head and looked at his little brother. Deepak could see his eyes were slightly red, indicating he had been crying a bit.

"Hey Deepak.....how was the park?" Dante asked, trying to hide his sadness.

Deepak lowered his head a bit.

"Ok I guess, but I couldn't......stop thinking of you." Deepak admitted.

A look of guilt formed on his little Ying-Yang face.

"I saw the trash bags." Deepak said.

There was a bit of a silence.

"Dante I-I'm so sorry.......this is my fault." Deepak said sadly.

Dante looked at him confused.

"Your fault? What do you mean it's your fault?" Dante asked.

Deepak was could feel tears forming.

"If I hadn't freaked out this wouldn't have happen, I was suppose to help y-"

Dante cut off Deepak by pulling him into a hug.

"Bro what happen.......wasn't your fault, I was the one who freaked out. I lost control over myself, let myself get excited over my predictions again. I was acting like......a monster, so I don't blame for getting scared the way you did." Dante said, trying to comfort Deepak.

Tears finally flowed from Deepak's eyes, he felt guilty.

"I-I'm sorry, this is about you, you're the one who's having a bad time." Deepak said, getting upset with himself.

Though it was true Dante wasn't feeling ok and being comforting wasn't really his thing, he couldn't stand seeing his good natured brother sad and feeling guilty for something that wasn't his fault.

"Look Deepak, don't worry about, I'm not mad at you and right now you aren't having a good time either." Dante said, hugging Deepak tighter.

Meanwhile Dylan had gotten the pups settled in the living room, and Dolly was playing the movie for them, so he climbed up the ladder to the attic where he saw Dawkins examining and searching the room.

"Making sure he isn't hiding anything?" Dylan asked.

"Yes but it appears there is nothing left, I'm honestly surprised, but everything he kept was in that black chest over there." Dawkins said, pointing where the chest was at.

Dylan walked over to the chest to see that all the sections were cleared. He took a step back from the chest and examined it. Something didn't seem right.

"Weird, even though it's a fairly tall chest, it's not as deep looking on the inside." Dylan said.

"Yes I noticed that to, it must be a solid at the bottom." Dawkins said as he walked over next to Dylan.