Thinking Back

Dante made his way back home after leaving the park, his mind filled with anxious and doubtful thoughts from the questions Elvira had asked him. He opened the door and rushed into the bedroom, taking a blanket to cover himself.

He laid on the ground as questions ran through his mind.

"Is it true, is there no point to my predictions, have I just been wasting my time with it for years?" Dante asked himself.

He could hear Dantastico's voice from within.

"Oh don't let that girl get your head in a twist. These predictions are a part of you, you're purpose in life." Dantastico said.

Dante wanted to roll his eyes from hearing himself.

"What purpose am I fulfilling though, if everything is meaningless then what reason is there for me to even make these predictions." Dante's asked Dantastico.

"Hehehe, do I have to remind you? Because everyone needs to know how truly awful the world is, you know that." Dantastico said.

Dantastico's words made Dante think back about all the times he would tell his siblings about how meaningless everything was and how eventually life was doomed to die and nothing anyone did would amount to anything. He remembered how disappointed some of his youngest siblings looked upon hearing him say those things and others were scared with his details of the apocalypse.

The more he thought about it, the more he was beginning to hate himself a bit.

"But I'm just making everyone miserable by saying these things, how is that suppose to help anyone." Dante asked.

"Don't think of it as making them miserable as much as you saving them from bigger disappointment, people expect to much from life, you're just sparing them from wasting time." Dantastico explained.

"I guess........" Dante said, a bit doubtful and disappointed.

"I advise you stay away from that girl." Dantastico suggested.

"Elvira......" Dante said quietly to himself.

He thought about how disappointed even guilty she looked when he said he was leaving and he felt kinda bad about it. For whatever reason, she seemed to like hanging out with him.

"But she's the only one who's ever offered to listen to me, I mean all she did was ask questions that nobody else has even bothered to ask." Dante argued.

"She's messing with your head." 

"It's not like I can even talk about my predictions anymore anyway!" Dante continued.

No reply.

"Argh you're no help!" Dante yelled in frustration.

He threw the blanket off him and banged his fist against the wall hard and pressed his head up against it, breathing heavily in frustration.

"What am I.....gonna do?" He said to himself quietly.

Meanwhile outside after about 30 minutes, the Dalmatian family had returned and was stepping off the bus. Dolly and Dylan corralled all the pups off the bus while Dawkins did a headcount as each pup walked in the door and Doug and Delilah removed their stuff they brought with them to the picnic.

Dolly faced Dylan after the last pup was off the bus.

"I'm gonna go check on Dante ok." Dolly says