Chapter Twenty

"Mami?"

"Mami?"

"What is it, baby?" Jasmine asks, furrowing her eyebrows towards the nervous child who plays with her fingers.

"I was at school and Becca was talking about her new room but she doesn't sleep with her Mami." Ansley says timidly as she moves in front of Jasmine.

My eyes widen when I realize what's happening. Oh, this is going to break Jasmine's heart.

"Okay?" Jasmine says slowly.

"I was just wondering if I could have my own room. I think I'm big enough to have one. I'll keep it super clean." Ansley rushes out, pleading with her eyes.

A frown rests on Jasmine's face before she looks towards me and I couldn't help but grab her hand.

"Um, okay. Do you have another room near mine?" She asks, making my chest tighten at her sad tone. I've never heard her voice so sad before.

"Yes, the room in front of yours." I mumble, not liking being put on the spot like that.

She nods before looking towards Ansley and nodding again. Ansley's face lightens with a bright smile as she squeals and starts running in place.

"Yay! Can it be pink? I've always wanted a pink room!" Ansley exclaims, receiving a nod from Jasmine before Ansley is running out of the living room to go tell Ralph.

I cautiously watch Jasmine as she looks at the spot where Ansley was standing with a frown gracing her face.

"It's okay, mama. She's growing up." I tell her as I wrap an arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer to my body.

"Don't say that." She mumbles into my neck.

Soon enough, we're standing in Ansley's pink room with pink furniture. I got some of my men to quickly get the room done and thankfully, they were able to put up the wallpaper and build the furniture in three hours.

"Mami! This is amazing!" Ansley squeals before she runs to her bed and throws herself onto it.

"Tell Roman 'Thank you'." Jasmine tells her with a small smile.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Ansley screams, jumping off her bed to run to me before wrapping her arms around my legs.

"You're welcome, baby." I say, smiling while patting the top of her head before she's running off to her bed again.

Jasmine watches her daughter bounce slightly on the bed as if to feel his comfortable the bed is and I feel a pinch in my chest.

I know she's sad about this move because they've always slept in the same bed based off of what Jasmine told me. Ansley is growing up and Jasmine doesn't like it but she'll have to get over it because Ansley won't be five forever. It's sad but it's the hard truth.