Chapter Three

"I heard crying

"I heard crying."

"Ven aquí." I tell Ansley, watching as she jumps off the couch and runs to me. I quickly pick her up, holding her tightly to my body as she tucks her head into my neck.
(Come here)

So much could have just happened to her. I'm supposed to her guardian, her soldier, her protector, her mother and I brought her to one of the most dangerous places.

"I didn't harm her."

My eyes snap to the tall man standing a few feet away from me. His black curly hair stay perfectly on top of his head, letting his dark eyes stare into my nonexistent soul, he rolled the sleeves of his grey button-up up his forearms, revealing all the juicy veins, his beard is well taken care of and cuts off at his sharp jawline.

"Your hands are searching her body for injuries. I didn't harm her." He points out, nodding towards me slightly.

I didn't realize that my hands were checking her. No one can blame me for it. Some random man was just alone with my daughter while the club was getting shot up.

"Who are you?" I ask, my lip snarling unintentionally.

"Roman Cecilio." His voice is deep and dark with a slight Italian accent, void of any sort of emotion.

"Are you the reason this is happening?" I ask, feeling Ansley's arms tighten around my neck. I need to get her out of here.

"Something like that." He says, taking a step closer to me.

I take a step back, before side stepping the loud door that swings open, allowing a distress man enter.

"It's done." He says, panting.

I take this as my chance to slip out and hurry out the back door to get Ansley out of this. I don't want something to happen to her because of my stupid decision.

"Mami?"

"I'm right here." I say in a hush whisper while keeping my hand on her head to keep it tucked.

I quickly buckle her into her car seat before getting in the drivers seat and pulling out of the club, seeing the guy standing at the doorway.
———————————————————————
"Mami, I'm sleepy."

"I know, my baby." I respond as I shove her clothes into a suitcase.

We need to leave. I don't know who that man is or why that happened and frankly, I don't care. I just know that we need to leave. I need Ansley safe, she's my first priority.

I leave Ansley in my room as I go to hers, grabbing an arm load of her clothes from her closet before going back to my room and continuing to shove them into the second suitcase. I only have two suitcases and a whole life to pack.

I don't know what I'm doing or where we're going, but I have a little money saved up that was supposed to be her college savings, and we'll get a hotel room for a few nights until I do know.