Chapter Twenty-Six

When I told Jasmine that I'd be there for her, I meant it

When I told Jasmine that I'd be there for her, I meant it. The good, the bad; the sad and the happy.

I probably should feel some type of way about Luis and Jasmine's mother and son relationship but I don't. I know that he makes her happy and I'll let it happen but that doesn't mean I don't have my doubts.

"So you've never really been around your father?" I ask as we watch Jasmine fight with Tanner.

"No, Jasmine has been the only one to try and take care of me." He shrugs with a small frown.

"Sounds like her. You will be living in my estate that I pay for, eating my food that I pay for, and sleeping in a room that I paid to get ready for you. If you have some type of issue with anything or you're working with someone to try and get insight on my family and mafia, you better speak up now because I may not be so forgiving if you lie." I tell him sternly, watching as his mouth opens and falls in shock.

"N-No! I don't have any issues or working with anyone and I'm incredibly thankful that you're letting me stay here with Jasmine." He says with wide eyes.

I watch him for a few seconds before believing him. He seemed genuinely shocked from my words and he didn't look away from me while he was talking.

"You make Jasmine happy and that's all I want, is for her and Ansley to be happy. We'll warm up." I chuckle at my last words.

"You make her happy too. When I was younger, she never would smile so big and she was always so pale and skinny. She's happy because of you. Thank you." He says and I feel my chest fill up with pride.

I sure hope I do make her happy.

"Anytime, kid." I say, lifting one side of lips before focusing on Jasmine again just as she kicks Tanners knees in and wraps an arm around his neck before finally taps out.

Jasmine climbs out of the ring before walking towards us, I hand her a water bottle and a towel so she could wipe her face.

"Alright, you ready to go with Tanner?" She asks, getting a nod in return. She cracks a small smile before grabbing the back of his head so she could kiss his forehead.

"Go easy on him." She warns Tanner as he finally reaches us.

"Yeah, yeah." He dismisses breathlessly as he steals her water bottle and quickly chugs it before going back to the ring with Luis following him.

"You happy, mama?" I ask, grabbing the back of her thighs as she stands in between my legs.

"Yes, thank you." She says, cupping my jaw before pressing a sweet kiss to my lips.
———————————————————————
"What are you going to do with the folders?" Jasmine asks, glancing up from a different folder that they've gotten.

"I'm going to burn them tonight. You can even be there, it'll be like a spiritual experience or whatever." I chuckle, listening to her laugh as well.

"Okay." She says, shaking her head with a smile.