Chapter Fourteen

"Are you coming with us?" Ansley screams, way too excited this early in the morning

I nod tiredly.

How else is she supposed to get there? It's Ansley's first day at school and to say she's excited is a understatement. She's starting two months late but I have some teachers that'll keep an eye on her.

I barley even noticed Jasmine because of how quiet she's been. Although she must've been up for a while because her hair is straight and hanging low by her hips as she wears a skin tight black dress that goes to her ankles, hugging every curve she had while wearing a pair of white Air Force Ones to dress down the dress.

I swear my mouth went dry and salivated at the same time. I couldn't tell if I was drooling or if I needed to take a sip of water. Would it be weird to compliment her?

"Mi bebé, estás lista para irte?" Jasmine asks, staring at the child as if she'd disappear at any moment. 
(My baby, are you ready to leave?)

"Yes!" Ansley exclaims before running off to the garage with us following behind her.

I push the seat to my all black Camaro ZL1 so that Ansley could get in the back as Jasmine gets into the passenger seat.

The ride was filled with Ansley talking about how excited she was to for school and making up scenarios while Jasmine stayed silent.

When we get out of my car, the principal and Ansley's teacher is standing on the sidewalk, waiting for our arrival.

"You must be Mrs. Torres." Katherine asks, holding out a hand for Jasmine.

"You're the principal?" Jasmine asks, putting her hand in hers as she judges Katherine with scrutinizing eyes.

"Yes ma'am. I assure you that your daughter will have a successful school year." Katherine says, smiling. "This is Mr. Pate, he'll be teaching Ansley this year."

My jaw clenches as the guy stares freely at Jasmine, licking his lips while looking at her body.

I can only handle so much, I'm barely able to handle Ralph's harmless flirting. The poor guy only wants her attention and to get a kick out of her but this one wants something completely different.

"I want a new one." I grunt, standing beside Jasmine and putting a hand on her waist while Ansley follows me, holding onto one of my legs as she tries to shy away.

"Yes, of course. That will be my first priority." Katherine says before her and the guy turn and walk inside.

Jasmine gives me a weird look before she looks at Ansley, hiding behind my leg. She crouches in front of Ansley, holding out her hands before Ansley jumps into her arms.

"You be super good and I'll be here as soon as it's over." Jasmine tells her as she closes her eyes.

"Mami, I'm scared." Ansley admits.