Chapter Twenty-Eight

POV's changes a lot in this chapter

 I rush into the estate, completely ignoring everything around me

I rush into the estate, completely ignoring everything around me. I run up the stairs, not wanting to waste time by using the elevator.

Alejandro's words echos in my head on repeat and I can't stop it.

I strangled sob leaves my mouth as I see Luis on the floor with a puddle of blood surrounding him but no Ansley.

"Fuck! Ansley!" I call out, expecting to see her walk out of her closet or bathroom.

A gut wrenching scream leaves my lips as I continue to yell her name. My baby can't be missing, she couldn't have been taken. This place is under heavy security. There's no way for them to get in them get out with a child.

"Jasmine! What? What's wrong?" Roman shouts, looking at me before his eyes bounce around Ansley's blood scented room.

I broke my one promise to her, the most important promise. I was supposed to keep her safe and now she's gone. I don't know what to do.

"Ansley...she's gone...my baby!" I sob, barely able to get my words out with the amount of heavy breathing.

"Jasmine, you need to calm down." His voice sounded so far away as I look around the room. I wait for Ansley to run towards me or scream my name but it doesn't come and everything turns into black.

 I sit beside a unconscious Luis, waiting for him to wake up so I could ask what happened

I sit beside a unconscious Luis, waiting for him to wake up so I could ask what happened. I left Jasmine in her room after she cried and screamed for so long when she woke up that she got so tired again and fell back asleep.

I've already sent out alerts to the alliance mafias and gangs. They've all, thankfully, said that they would help.

I don't know how to feel. I can hear and feel my heart beating rapidly. I need to be strong for Jasmine. I can't stop and break down, not when my family needs me.

"Where's Jasmine?" Luis's raspy voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I didn't even realize he woke up.

"She's in her room. What happened, Luis?" I ask monotonously. If I had any emotion in my voice, I'm sure I would've started shouting at the kid.