Chapter Eleven

"Alright, this will be tight

"Alright, this will be tight. So I think Isabella, Kolton, and Chris will be the last row then Jason, JP, and Gaven as the middle row, and finally, Austin, Jasmine, than me as the first row." Tanner says, glancing around the table for anyone who bothers to talk back.

I glance around the table.

I almost talk back, not for the fear of my safety but for Ansley. If I die doing this, who will look after her? Will he try to get her? Will Roman let him take her?

Roman said that he's going to create a distraction. I have yet to know what the distraction is since he'll be staying at the estate with Ralph but I'm hoping it's good.

"Okay, we go in through the east wing, take a left to the stairs, take a right down the hall, then another right, and the fifth door on the left is his office. Isabella, JP, and I will search for the documents while you guys guard. Do not let anyone into that office." Tanner says that last part so seriously, I have to look away from his intense gaze.

"After that, we dip. Like Roman said, expect a fight. The Russians almost outnumber us and with only nine of us in there, they especially outnumber us. I have faith that majority of us will make it out but in case you don't, there will be a small pill in your bulletproof vests. It'll be a easy and painless death if they haven't already killed you."

Tanner's words makes my dry throat gulp. I can not afford to die, my daughter is the most important thing to me and ensuring a safe life is my job as a parent.

"Spend the day preparing yourself; whether it's mental, physical, or emotional. We meet at six." Tanner dismisses us and I go straight for Ansley.

I get her comfortable on the couch with Inside Out playing on the television as my hand runs through her curly hair while she cuddles into my chest.

Everything I've done for the last five years has been for her. The abuse, the fights, and now this. I hope this will all be worth it in the end.

"Why are you crying, Mami?" My baby's sweet voice snaps me out of my thoughts as I lazily wipe the tears off my cheeks.

"I just love you, Mi bebé." I whisper, kissing her head before holding her closer to my body.

"I love you too, Mami."
———————————————————————
I wipe the condescension from the mirror before staring intently on my body. I haven't been able to pause and check the damage the most recent fights have caused.

It's mainly my stomach and side that has the scars but my face still has the scars I've collected over the years.

A mess of a person.

I sigh and go to my closet, choosing a simple black long sleeve and thick black leggings with my black combat boots. Sadly, it's not to look cool but to blend in with the darkness of the night.