Chapter Twenty-Seven

TW talks of past rapes

 "Daddy, tell Mami to let me have the candy

"Daddy, tell Mami to let me have the candy." Ansley says, scrunching her nose.

I knew I should've talked to Roman about what she wanted but everything happened and it slipped my mind.

Now that she's calling him her dad, I can't help but smile every time. I thought I would never be comfortable enough to be around another man again and try to give Ansley the father she deserves but then Roman came and swept me off my feet. I can not be happier than providing her with him and his love.

"I can't do that, baby. What your Mami says, goes." He tells her, making her huff and sit down.

Although I refused to believe that any man had good intentions on Ansley and I a few months back, I'm able to see clearly now. He's always been good with her even when they met.

"I saw that!" I yell after Ansley as she runs away giggling with a hand full of candy that Roman just gave her.

I shake my head towards him.

"You know I can't resist those puppy eyes." He defends with a small smile.

"Than close your eyes. She is going to be spoiled rotten by you." I tell him, raising my eyebrows as Luis walks into the dining room.

"Like you can say that, you give her anything she wants." He says, widening his eyes.

"I know but at least she'll be spoiled, not rotten. She didn't even say thank you." I point out, feeling Luis sit beside me.

He gives me a deadpan look.

"Hey, do you want to get enrolled into school?" I ask Luis, turning away from Roman.

"Yeah, I guess. You don't think I'm too far behind?" He asks, taking a bite of eggs.

"No, do you?" I ask, frowning slightly.

"I don't know. All the things I've learned is from you or I taught myself." He says, looking at his plate.

"Okay, if you feel comfortable I'll enroll you but if you start to have trouble than I can help you or I'll hire a tutor." I tell him, receiving a nod from him.

"I'll pay for it, mama. Don't worry about that kind of stuff." Roman says, making me roll my eyes.

Roman started paying me the moment I got here and started training but since I rarely leave the estate, I haven't spent any so I have money saved up.

"Jasmine, don't. I'll pay for it." Roman says sternly when he sees me open my mouth to argue back.

I sit back with a huff.
———————————————————————
I'm home. Meet me under the Falcon bridge at 10. See you soon, little one.