Chapter Sixteen

Ansley stops at the bottom of the stairs, spinning as she squeals a 'ta-da' then actually stopping so I could see what she's wearing

She's wearing a black and white plaid shirt with a black one shoulder tank top with a pair of white sneakers.

"You look beautiful, baby." I tell her as her cheeks turn pink and she runs towards me before I lift her.

"I told Mami to wait until I called her." Ansley giggles. "Mami!"

My chest tightens when Jasmine walks down the stairs, keeping eye contact with me as her red lip stretch into a smile. Her white dress hugs her pear-shaped body perfectly, a slit lets her right thigh show as the dress stops an inch above her ankles, showing off a pair of white, red bottom Louis Vuitton heels that I got for her.

"Isn't she so pretty?" Ansley sighs happily.

"Very pretty." I agree, listening to Ansley squeal before she's wiggling to get out of my grip when she sees Ralph and Tanner in the hall.

"You look like a goddess, mama." I tell her, letting my eyes roam her figure a little bit longer before my hands grip her hips and I make eye contact with her.

"Tan guapo." Jasmine compliments and I feel my chest fill with pride with her approval.
(So handsome.)

"Ansley. Let's go, baby." I say loudly before hearing the pitter-patter of her running feet, feeling her hand slip into mine as my other hand rests around Jasmine's hip.

"Okay, have they always looked like that?" I hear Tanner ask rather loudly.

"Like what?"

"I don't know, like an actual mafia family. Like when I think of a mafia family, this is what I imagine."

I nearly laugh but when I see Jasmine throwing her head back as she laughs at them, I couldn't help but show a little smile.
———————————————————————
"Ah, look who's here and you brought guests?" My father exclaims with a wide smile, looking at Jasmine then Ansley.

"Father, are we going to come in or eat dinner at the front door?" I deadpan, watching as he nods and opens the door wider.

"Hi, I'm Jasmine." Jasmine smiles, holding out her hand towards my father.

"It's nice to meet you, Jasmine. I'm Matteo and my girlfriend is somewhere around here, her name is Beatrice." My father shakes her hand, complimenting her strong hand shake before crouching down in front of Ansley as she tucks herself into my leg.

"And who is this beautiful lady?" Dad smiles at her.

"Ansley." She whispers, smiling at his warm smile. The same warm smile he used on mom and I couldn't think of anyone else to use it on.

"Hi, Ansley. I'm Matteo but you can call me Nonno. Are you hungry?" And just like that, he's won Ansley over.

She nods and takes his hand, walking away with us following. Jasmine looks around the estate in awe and a small smile rests on my face, liking that she enjoys my moms decor.

"Matteo! What is taking so long?" Denise's grating voice echoes throughout the dining room before she looks up and her face morphs into shock at the new people.

"My goodness! I did not know we were going to have more guests, I'm so sorry. I'm Beatrice." Denise stands, putting down her phone with a loud slam.

Jasmine smiles softly before she looks at me in question, 'Do I need to keep Ansley away from her?'.

I nod, guiding Jasmine to the chair at the head is the table that I normally sit in before sitting to the left of her.

"Come here, baby." I call to Ansley, watching as she eyes Denise weirdly before running towards me. I'm quickly to sit her on my lap.

Glancing up when I check that we are comfortable, I see the shock on Denise's face and the smile on my fathers face.

"So, um, I don't mean to intrude but are you Roman's girlfriend?" She asks and I swear, I saw her face twitch. She might need to get some more botox. 

"Oh, no. I'm not." Jasmine replies kindly, glancing down at the plate in front of her.

"And that is your daughter?"

My head snaps to her, a sharp glare resting on my face as my father sighs and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Yes, she is my daughter." I could tell by the tone of Jasmine's voice that she's starting to get aggravated with the dumb questions.

"Where's the father? Why are you here than with him?"

"The only father figure Ansley will have is me. Jasmine stays with me, I care for them." I grit through my teeth, watching as Denise's eyes widen in mock shock and raised her hands in surrender.

"I'm just trying to make sure my step-son isn't getting baby trapped. You don't know how females are these days, they'll do anything to get to live in a wealthy household." She raises an eyebrow towards Jasmine.

I cringe from her calling me her step-son. They aren't even engaged and I'm sure as hell not becoming her son.

"You can't baby trap if you don't open your legs, which I could say works for me, you on the other hand..." Jasmine trails off before looking towards my father.

"You are a incredibly handsome man, you should find someone who doesn't care about the money and loves you for you. That thing right there? Could not give two shits about anything except money." Jasmine tells him and my eyebrows furrow when I see the slight tint to my fathers cheeks. Is he blushing?

"And how would you know that? You just met me!" Denise screeches.

"The overpriced dress you're wearing, not too mention the multiple overpriced bracelets on your wrist that looks fucking dumb since you piled them on." Jasmine barely glances in her direction, seeming to have a whole conversation with my father with her eyes.

I swear if she tries to get with my father, I'll fucking kill him.

"Why are you even here? This is a family dinner!"

"Enough, Beatrice. She is my guest and she is welcome here anytime she pleases." Father glares and for the first time, I don't see him back down.

My mother wanted him to be happy, she told him to find someone who loved him just as much as she did, although no one could ever do so. My father wanted to make mom proud but I think he's finally had enough.

"Ugh!" Denise shrieks and stomps away like a child. Ansley doesn't even act like that and this grown woman is.

"I am so sorry, Jasmine." My father says with a sad smile.

"It's okay, Matteo. This food is delicious enough to be forgiving." Jasmine cracks a smile before placing a small hand on top of my fist.

"I'm telling Ralphy that you said two bad words." Ansley says suddenly, making the small table laugh.