Of Course It Was Murphy

Song: People You Know - Selena Gomez

Everyone was hard at work when I got back to camp.

Raven was front and centre, making minefields in preperation for the grounders.

As soon as one person saw me, the whispers started across the crowd.

Great. I was finally starting to fit in, and then I just had to go and make a magical cyclone.

I kept walking past everyone and into the dropship, ignoring the couple of teenagers in there that were still sick from the virus and climbing up the ladder.

Once I reached the third floor and sat down on the mattress that Bellamy had put there for me, I could finally do what I had been wanting to do for the past few hours.

I cried.

And cried.

And cried some more.

It was pathetic, really.

I mean it's not like I even knew Bellamy all that well.

It's not like I even liked him all that much in the first place.

It's not like I really cared.

No one came looking for me, so I was left in peace for about an hour before I realised that helping prevent all our deaths was probably a more efficient way to spend my time, as opposed to wallowing in self-pity.

I exited the dropship just in time to watch Bellamy and Raven start arguing.

Lover's quarrel already? Scandalous.

"I already told you, in the morning we're going after Finn, Clarke, and Monty," Raven said.

"And I told you, nobody leaves this camp." Bellamy snapped back, turning away from her.

"I'm talking to you-" Raven grabbed his arm. "We can't just abandon our people. You want to lead them, show them you give a damn."

Before Bellamy could formulate a response, a gunshot rang out into the night.

I dropped on the ground immediately, breathing heavily.

A couple seconds passed and I realised no more shots were coming, so I slowly stood and looked around for the source.

One of the guards had fallen asleep at his post, and Bellamy was not happy.

"Hey! What the hell is the matter with you?"

Bellamy grabbed the guy by his shirt and pushed him into a tree as I ran up to the gathering crowd.

"I- I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." He stuttered.

"We've all been on watch all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder."

The teens began exchanging nervous looks, no one could calm Bellamy down when he was like this.

Octavia ran up, placing a hand on Bellamy's shoulder.

"Bell, you're scaring people." She said softly.

"They should be scared!" Bellamy yelled. "The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up."

He stepped away from the guard and faced the crowd. "The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do."

His gaze met Raven's. "Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp. This camp is the only thing keeping us alive. Get back to work."