Grounded

Song: Radioactive - Imagine Dragons (if yk yk)

I groaned, all the air knocked out of me.

I must've fallen out of the sky.

And from quite a distance up, judging by the pain covering every inch of my body.

As my vision swam in and out of focus, I was vaguely aware of people surrounding me. They looked fairly young, possibly around my age or slightly older.

I seemed to be lying on my back in the dirt. I took a deep breath and attempted shifting my weight but nearly blacked out from the pain and quickly abandoned the thought.

A blond girl hovered over me with a worried look on her face. It looked like she was trying to ask me a question but the ringing in my ears made it impossible to understand her.

She knelt on the ground beside me, gently grabbing my left arm which was lying at a funny angle beneath me and lifting it into the air. The last thing I remember was screaming when she flexed my wrist.

After that, nothing.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

There were voices. Two people, standing over me arguing, and giving me a weird sense of deja vu.

I opened my eyes and adjusted myself slightly, alerting them to my conscious state

The same blonde girl from earlier knelt beside me quickly.

"Hey," She said smiling tensely at me. "How are you feeling?"

"As well as can be expected, I guess," my voice sounded scratchy and unfamiliar to my ears.

I went to carefully sit up before realising my hands were tied above my head, one of them with some sort of a cast wrapped around it.

I tugged at the ropes a few times before looking back at the girl.

"Is this really necessary?"

"Until you tell us who the hell you are, you're damn right it is," A male voice spoke from behind the girl.

Shows how much attention I was paying, I didn't even notice him.

He was cute. He had dark curly hair and freckles, and looked slightly older than the girl and I.

He stepped forward, frowning down at me.

"First you have to answer a few questions. Like how the hell you fell out of the sky right into the middle of our camp?"

Honestly, I didn't really care about this guy's questions. Especially when I had so many of my own.

"Where am I?" I asked, interrupting the guy before he spoke again.

"Earth." He replied, looking at me like I was crazy.

"Well no shit, Sherlock," I rolled my eyes. "Where else would I be, space?
I meant where on Earth am I?"

"Somewhere close to Mount Weather." The blonde spoke this time, looking at what I could feel was a bump on my head with concern.

Mount Weather. Well, at least I know that I'm still in the US. The only question is which US?

If Kronos really did send me to a different reality, then who knows what America or even the rest of the world will be like.

Curls spoke again, "Who are you? Where did you come from?"

I snorted. "You wouldn't believe me."

"Try me," He challenged.

"Oh, well just for you because you asked soo nicely, no."

Gods, he was easy to rile up. He looked like steam was about to come out of his ears.

Goldilocks interrupted, "Can you at least tell us your name?"

I hesitated a second before deciding it couldn't hurt. "Cleo, Cleo Warren."

Curls' mouth twitched, "Cleo like Cleopatra? The last Egyptian Pharaoh?"

"Okay, Nerd," I said with a scoff. "But yes, Cleo like Cleopatra, my mother was a bit extra."

I was met with blank stares from the duo so I explained further, "Extra, as in like, over the top?
Seriously, what year is it?"

"It's 2149." Curls said.

I swore under my breath.

2149?? That's 140 years after the Battle of Manhattan. Maybe Kronos didn't send me to a different reality after all.

I mentally shook myself and tried to focus on the situation at hand.

"Well?" I asked. "I gave my name, it's only fair you do the same."

The two glanced at each other and appeared to have a silent argument before Goldilocks faced me again.

"I'm Clarke," She said with a half-smile. "And this is Bellamy."

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." I gave a sarcastic smile.

"Now, will someone please untie me? I don't appreciate being restrained. Not to mention I can't do much with a broken wrist anyway."

Bellamy went to protest so I added. "I'll tell you what you want to know only if you untie me."

Bellamy scoffed. "Wanna bet?"

Clarke stepped back from where I was awkwardly half sitting and turned to him.

"Oh, come on, Bellamy," she said, sounding frustrated. "What are our other options? Torture?"

Bellamy gave a kind of half-shrug to show he was definitely considering it.

Clarke shook her head at him and turned back, kneeling to loosen the straps that held me.

I rubbed my sore wrists as I stood up and eyed them warily.

"Well?" Bellamy asked. "You said you'd tell us what we wanted to know if we untied you.
We did that, now it's your turn. Who are you and how did you get here?"

I took a deep breath. Good thing I was a quick thinker.

"Well as you already know, my name is Cleopatra Warren, Cleo for short. I'm 18 years old. I'm an only child and-" I faltered, hesitating, "Both my parents are dead"

I couldn't trust them with the truth. Not until I knew exactly where I was and what kind of reality/future it is.

"I'm sorry," Clarke's eyes darkened. "My father is dead too."

I awkwardly patted her on the shoulder, not exactly sure what to say.

I went to speak again but Bellamy interrupted.

"Here's what I don't understand," He said, stepping forward. "You can speak perfect English, and you're well dressed. Which means you're not a Grounder. But you're also different from the rest of the 100. Your clothes are less worn, they look almost new. Your hair is clean and has streaks of blue in it. Your nails are painted black, and you look healthier. Like you've eaten and exercised well for most of your life. You can't possibly be from the Ark so who the hell are you.

I blinked a couple times, out of the entire sentence only about two words made sense. So, I started from the start.

"What the hell's a Grounder?"