Damsel In Distress

Song: Vigilante Shit - Taylor Swift

Ten minutes had passed, and I was still working out my plan.

First, I was going to untie Jasper while Murphy was distracted.

Then, together we could tackle him and get the gun.

Simple enough, right?

Murphy paced around the room muttering to himself.

His gaze was drawn to Myles' body, which was lying lifeless on the floor.

He walked over and looked around for a tarp to cover it.

I saw my chance and took it.

I quietly touched the ground and stayed low as I made my way to Jasper, keeping one eye on Murphy.

Jasper watched me with wide eyes, his expression yelling "RUN, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN"

Some may claim I'm bad at listening, but I prefer to think I simply know better than what people are telling.

If people told me things that I agreed with, well, then I would listen.

Alas, this was not one of those times.

I reached Jasper and started on the ropes around his wrists.

They were tight but I loosened them slowly to not draw attention.

Murphy was still busy on the other side of the room. I moved behind a few things so he would be less likely to see me while I worked.

My heart was beating out of my chest, but I finally got the knots undone.

Jasper pulled the gag out of his mouth as I began working on his ankles.

"Cleo, you've got to go," Jasper whispered fiercely.

"I'm not leaving without you. Now shut up." I replied, glancing up at Murphy again.

He wasn't there.

"Shit-" I swung my head around and was greeted with a gun.

"Well well well, look who decided to join us." Murphy snarled.

"'Well well well?' Seriously? You're not a Disney villain." I mocked.

"I'm not even going to bother wasting my time asking for an explanation," Murphy said.

"Cleo, you've done a beautiful job with those ropes, but now you're going to put them back."

"You saw what I can do, Murphy. You've seen my power. Do you really wanna test me?" I dared.

"I saw your power, but what I saw wasn't controlled. Your emotions got the better of you, and then you couldn't stop. From where I'm standing, it looks a lot like you don't have any idea how to use your power, at least not without risking dooming us all to a watery grave."

I kept silent.

Murphy's smile looked slightly maniacal. "And my theory is confirmed by the fact that you chose to sneak Jasper out instead of attacking."

Well, shit. He saw through my bluff. Murphy was a lot smarter than he wanted people to believe.

"Okay fine, Murphy, you win," I said. "If you let Jasper go you can have me."

"Why the hell would I do that?"

"Because, you'll still have someone to bargain with. But two people are more dangerous than one."

Octavia's voice crackled through the radio.

"Murphy! Murphy, if you even touch Jasper, I swear to God, you're dead."