Killer-In-Training

Song: Teenagers - My Chemical Romance

A few hours later, my legs felt ready to use again and I decided to test them out.

No one had disturbed me since Bellamy left, I guess they were all busy fortifying their camp against the grounders. I was glad of the silence, though. For the first time in over a week, I felt weirdly... safe.

I slowly stood, keeping a stabilising hand on the bed until I was sure I wouldn't fall over.

I decided I should go see where everyone was, maybe even help out in some way if possible. I'd been sitting still for far too long.

I brushed past the drapes covering the entrance and squinted my eyes as I stepped out under the bright sun.

After taking a moment to adjust, I took my time surveying the camp from where I stood, my hand holding on to the convenient door frame.

I was already starting to feel dizzy, but I was sick of being locked up and sick of not being outside.

At Camp Half-Blood, you spend the majority of your day outside. My freckles have probably all disappeared since arriving here with the lack of sun I've been getting.

Miller, who was standing close by, noticed my presence. He whispered to another teenager who promptly ran off before walking up to me.

"Good to see you again under better circumstances, Cleo," He said with what seemed to be a genuine smile.

"Hey, Miller, good to see you too," I smiled back in return. "Anything interesting happen around here while I was gone?"

Miller briefly hesitated, "A few things," He admitted. "Good news, we found a bunch of weapons at an old bunker. Bad news, we accidentally got high on some nuts that we found growing, I'll show you some later so you can avoid them."

I laughed, "Sounds... eventful."

"The past few days definitely have been. Not to mention the search parties looking for you on top of all that-" Miller cut himself off, looking uncomfortable.

"Search parties?" I prodded. "Surely you guys only sent out search parties the first day I was gone though, right?"

"I-" Miller was interrupted by Bellamy's sudden appearance.

"Cleo," Bellamy said, looking me over. "How are you feeling?"

"As good as new," I smiled winningly at him, but he didn't look convinced.

"I'll catch up with you later, Cleo," Miller said to me before leaving me alone with Bellamy.

Rude.

I turned back to Bellamy and raised an eyebrow, "I thought we agreed on trust."

"We did," Bellamy replied calmly.

"So why were you instantly alerted as soon as I emerged from the dropship?" I challenged him, about 95% sure I was correct in my assumption.

"We may have agreed to be allies, but there are still things you're not telling me. You may not be a prisoner anymore, but until you decide to start sharing, I'll continue to keep tabs on you, just to be safe," Bellamy gave me a mocking smile and I fought the urge to punch it off his perfect face.

I took a deep breath, in and out. My therapist would be so proud.

"Fine," I said smugly, an idea forming in my head. "You can "keep tabs" on me all you want, but I won't be making it easy on you."

Bellamy let out a short laugh, "I'd be disappointed if you did. Until next time, Your Highness."

He gave me a half-bow that was clearly intended to tease and walked off.