Exploration

Song: We Come Running - Youngblood Hawke

Once Bellamy was out of sight, I began walking down the ramp and carefully stepped onto the ground. Is this really a completely different reality?

An awful thought struck me, what if the nuclear apocalypse was caused by Kronos? All because I couldn't beat him?

What if all of this is because I failed?

I shook my head, trying to rid myself of such thoughts. If I wanted to survive here, I couldn't think like that.

I began walking through the makeshift camp, trying to stay inconspicuous.

It didn't work.

Everyone turned to stare at me as I walked past. I guess falling out of the sky makes you a curiosity.

A girl rushed up to me and introduced herself.

"Hi! I'm Octavia, Octavia Blake, and you're the talk of the camp. It's not everyday a girl just falls out of the sky."

"I- wait, Blake? Like Bellamy Blake?" I asked questioningly.

I could kind of see the resemblance I guess, they were both cute.

"Yeah," Octavia rolled her eyes, "He's my brother."

My mouth twitched at the eye roll, now I could definitely see the resemblance between them.

I cleared my throat.
"I'm Cleo," I said, holding out a hand to shake. "Nice to meet you, Octavia."

Octavia tilted her head. "Cleo, like Cleopatra? The Egyptian Pharaoh?"

I groaned. "Gods, what is it with you guys?"

Octavia looked confused. "Gods?"

"I meant God," I quickly corrected myself.

She looked at me for a moment longer before shrugging.

"Do you want to go exploring with me?" She asked with a mischievous smile.

"Uhh- I don't think your brother would be okay with us hanging out, he kinda hates me."

Octavia flipped her long brown hair over her shoulder.
"As much as he likes to pretend, he can't boss me around anymore."

I looked at her doubtfully. But then again, I was planning on exploring and getting my bearings anyway. If Bellamy was already going to be mad at me for that, what's bringing his sister along?

I'll get her back to camp safely before I run.

"Sure," I smiled at Octavia. "Let's go now."

Octavia grabbed my hand and together we ran into the woods that surrounded us. "I have a place I want to show you." She said, looking back at me. "I think you'll love it."

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

After being pulled through the woods, for about five minutes, I could see a clearing up ahead.

I walked through the trees and gasped in awe.

There was a beautiful lake in front of me with greenery and glowimg flowers surrounding it on every side, masses of glowing butterflies were flitting around.

It was the most beautiful place I had ever seen.

I turned to Octavia who was smiling at me. "Isn't it amazing?" She said, breathless from our trek.

"It's gorgeous," I said, still in complete shock. Who would have thought that such beauty still existed on Earth even after a nuclear apocalypse?

I wanted to lay here forever and just forget this entire mess I had managed to find myself in.

I looked at Octavia in excitement. "Can we swim?"

Octavia's eyes lit up, "I thought you'd never ask."

She quickly pulled off her shirt and pants, leaving her in nothing more than underwear.

I averted my gaze and pulled off my hoodie but left my shirt and jeans on underneath.

Octavia didn't question it, or the big black letters spelling out "Camp Half-Blood" on my shirt, and I didn't volunteer anything.

We walked to the edge of the water and looked down at it.

Octavia reached over and clasped my hand. "Together on three," she said firmly.

I nodded and took a deep breath as she started counting.

"One, two, three!"

We both jumped with a squeal and landed with a splash in the freezing water. I made sure to get myself wet, I didn't want Octavia thinking I was a witch or something.

When I say it was freezing that is just what I assumed because Octavia was shivering when she surfaced, it felt like the perfect temperature to me.

She laughed at me in giddy joyfulness, and threw her hands up in the air, letting out a large whoop.

I laughed as well before grabbing her and pulling her under in one fluid movement.

When Octavia came back up she gasped in outrage before sending a massive splash in my direction.

I retaliated with a bigger one, totally not using my powers to help me out a little bit.

We played around a bit more, both of us getting more and more energetic with our splashes until I finally wrapped my arms around Octavia's neck and met her lips with mine.

After a brief hesitation, she kissed me back harder. Her lips felt soft and warm and she smelled like flowers and pine trees.

"HEY!"

A furious voice interrupted us and we quickly jumped apart.

γαμώ.

It was Bellamy, glaring at both of us like he was about to commit murder.

He stalked into the water with, Noah? I think that was his name, and motioned for Noah to grab me. Bellamy then grabbed Octavia's wrist and dragged her out of the lake, amidst her protests.

Once we were out, Bellamy let go of Octavia and turned to me, first chucking my hoodie at me so I could put it back on, then pulling out a rope and tying my hands together.

He turned to Octavia again who was quickly pulling back on her clothes.

"Back to camp, now. Noah, go with her so she doesn't run off again."

Octavia winced at me and turned back to camp with Noah following close behind.

Bellamy grabbed the length of rope that still hung loose and forced me to start walking behind him.

"Don't. You. Ever touch my sister again, is that clear?"
He spoke through gritted teeth, clearly trying not to completely lose it.

"Crystal," I answered with a laugh. "But I can't guarantee she won't touch me"

Bellamy stopped walking and spun around, pulling suddenly on the rope so that I had to take a step closer to him.

We were almost nose to nose. I was above average height, but he towered over me as he glared down with a malice rarely seen.

"Clearly you're having trouble understanding, so let me make this perfectly clear," He spoke in barely more than a whisper, his gaze holding me in place. "If you go anywhere near her, or let her anywhere near you again, I will kill you."

I scoffed.

"You think you scare me? Well, let me give you a warning, Pretty Boy, if you threaten me again, I will kill you. Got it?"

Bellamy just stared at me, sizing me up, before starting to walk again and tugging me along.

"Just remember, Your Highness," He called back at me, using my previous nickname for him against me. "I'm not the one tied up."

I muttered under my breath, hurrying behind him, "And I'm not the powerless mortal."