I Really Hate Cockroaches

Song: In The Dark - Bring Me The Horizon

Two of the 100, Connor and Derek, practically dragged Murphy into the dropship. Not that he could walk properly even if he had the choice, he was covered from head-to-toe in his own blood.

"Someone get Bellamy!" Derek yelled into the gathering crowd as I pushed through to stand beside Miller.

"Who is he?" I whispered to him.

"His name is John Murphy. He's one of the 100, but he was accused of killing one of Clarke's friends, Wells.  We almost hung him for it, but a 12-year-old girl called Charlotte stepped up and admitted to the crime in the nick of time. Murphy was.. angry, at being falsely accused, of being so hated that everyone chanted for his death, and so he demanded retribution, he demanded that Charlotte be hung instead.
Bellamy defended Charlotte and tried to hide her, but Murphy wouldn't give up and he ended up finding her. He didn't kill her, Charlotte stepped off the side of a cliff, I guess she felt too guilty after what she did. But Bellamy blamed Murphy, and so Murphy was banished with the promise of death if he were ever to return," Miller attempted to surmise for me.

I processed for a few seconds, "Sounds... complicated."

"That's one word for it," Miller let out a humourless laugh. "And now he's back. God knows what horror could possibly prompt him to risk his life."

"Where is he?" Bellamy pushed past the crowd, holding his gun. "Everyone but Connor and Derek out, now!"

Most of the teens filed out, including Miller, who gave me an affectionate pat on the shoulder before leaving.

The only people that remained were Bellamy, Connor, Derek, Clarke, Finn, Murphy, and I.

"He claims he was with the Grounders," Derek stepped forward.

"We caught him trying to sneak back into camp," Connor added.

Murphy scoffed, "I wasn't sneaking, I was running from the Grounders."

Bellamy looked around, "Anyone see Grounders?

I thought back to when I was puking up my guts into a bush, it could very well be possible that there was someone there I had been too preoccupied to notice.

Connor shook his head, "I didn't see anyone."

Bellamy lifted his gun, pointing it at Murphy, "Well, in that case-"

"Whoa," I stepped forward, using my arm to block the gun's pathway while Finn quickly pushed it down.

"Hey, what the hell is wrong with you?" He yelled.

Bellamy pulled away from Finn, including me in his glare, "We were clear what would happen if he came back."

Finn shook his head, "No. If he was with the Grounders, then he knows things that can help us."

"Help us?" Bellamy scoffed in disbelief. "We hanged him, we banished him, and now we're gonna kill him. Get the hell out of my way."

"Wait- Bellamy" I stepped in his path as Clarke spoke.

"No. Finn is right," She agreed.

"Like hell he is," Bellamy looked at her, betrayed. "Clarke, think about Charlotte."

"I am thinking about her," Clarke's voice rose an octave. "But what happened to Charlotte was as much our fault as his. He's not lying, his fingernails were torn off. They tortured him.

"You and the Grounders should compare notes," Finn jabbed.

Bellamy ignored him and went to turn to Murphy, but I was still blocking his path.